Authors Note

It's over. I literally cannot believe this, this is so surreal.

Thank you guys so so much for taking time out of your lives to read my crappy fic, for leaving comments and voting on the chapters, it means the world to me that you guys got immersed in the story and the characters.

Now for some questions.

~~~~~~~~~~

Who was your favourite and least favourite character?

I had some tributes that I liked or disliked more than others, but I don't think I had a distinct favourite or least favourite. Some tributes I wasn't overly fond of were Mike (found him kind of dull I'm not gonna lie) and Fern in the minigame, although I liked her more in the Ultimate Games after I fleshed out her character a little more, but my most disliked tribute would probably have to be Cedric from the second minigame. I was way too happy writing his death.

Again I can't really choose a single favourite, as I liked most of my tributes. Valentina was one I quite liked, but I always knew she wasn't going to win. I also liked Tatiana, Ali and Arwin's separate alliances, and I always liked Camille and Rudy from 12.

How long did it take you to write this?

God, three years maybe? That's including all the breaks I took. I starting writing this book when I was 13 and I'm 16 now, so there's that. If you took out all the breaks then probably around a year and a half, I'm a slow writer and this was a MASSIVE project.

Will there be a sequel?

Not sure yet. I'm considering it and I've got a quell twist in mind for the 225th games, but I'm starting more heavy subjects in school and I'll have less time for writing which would most likely mean incredibly slow updates. These games were also a nightmare to finish, so I'm not sure if I want to go through that again. If I decide to write a sequel, I'll be sure to update you guys.

At what time did you plan for Camille to win?

About 5 minutes before I started writing the winner's interview. I had been reading through the comments and going back through the character arcs, and I decided on Camille.

My original plan was for Camille to win, but then I hesitated and left it ambiguous. However, if I had gone through with my original-original plan, as in the very first one I wrote up, Camille would have died to Xenia's hands on Day 4. Later that death got switched to Tatiana, and killed Rudy off next chapter instead of Camille. I switched back and forth a whole lot during the writing.

When did you choose who would make it to the finals?

Before I started writing the games, I wrote up a plan of what was to happen each chapter in dot points. I left the last chapter blank as I had no idea what would happen there, but I had a list of tributes there who had survived through my plans of the previous chapters. A lot of these got switched and changed up (I'll be happy to say what tributes were originally going to make it through if anyone is curious) but the general gist of the list stayed somewhat the same.

Did you cry at all writing this?

No, actually. I got a bit sad at some points, but I never cried. I never cry writing my own stories.

What do you regret most?

I regret a lot of things, but one thing I do that might surprise a lot of people is the first minigame. I was new to writing hunger games, and basically killed off developed characters willy-nilly. I still regret killing off Demetria that quickly and I'm kicking myself for doing so because the character had such potential and I completely botched that. I got a lot of comments on the minigame 1 bloodbath saying a lot of the favourites got killed straight away, so I think that's what I regret most.

Who were your favourite characters to write about?

The careers, or people going through moral dilemmas. I just love my evil characters (Xenia and Valentina were especially fun to write from) and Fern's character was fun to write about during the whole moral crisis with Benji's death.

Whose death did you not enjoy writing?

Ali's was hard to write. Daphne, Tatiana, Rudy and Benji were some other difficult ones. I didn't grow super attached to the characters, but after they were dead and I was writing the ending it just hit me that all these characters are dead, they are dead now and they will remain dead. Then I got all sad, so thanks @ those characters

~~~~~~~~~~

Again, thank you to everyone who read my book, who left comments and voted and encouraged me to finish. In all honesty I almost gave up on this book halfway through the Ultimate Games, I even had a chapter saved as a safety net of sorts, but I'm glad I finished the book.

And thank you to MadeInWicklow , if you hadn't let me borrow your Quell idea this book never would have existed, so thank you again.

I hope you enjoyed my story. This was absolutely gruelling, but I'm glad I saw it through. Thank you for sticking with me. Please let me know your overall thoughts on the story, and thanks again for everything.

-celestial-

The 200th Annual Hunger Games - The Ultimate Gamesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें