The Ultimate Games - Day 4 (Afternoon)

Misty Wolfe POV

I blinked.

I blinked twice.

"Quit squirming, you bitch!"

I heard the slap of a hand striking someone's face. A sob. I murmured gibberish and attempted to lean forward.

I was restrained. I tugged at my hands. They were tied together.

I was leaning against a tree, I could tell by the bark that scraped across my palms and the leaves that fluttered onto my head. I was tied to it by the waist and torso, my legs and hands both bound together. My arms were wrapped around the tree behind me, and I knew trying to break free from the restraints would cause massive amounts of pain and possibly a broken hand or too.

"Wakey, wakey!"

Something hit me upside the head. I gasped out and my eyes snapped open. In front of me was Xenia, smirking at me like she had won. My stomach plummeted.

In her grip, with a huge knife held to her throat and her mouth held shut, was Renee.

"No," I murmured.

"Well," Xenia smirked, her voice eerily calm, "Look at you. Nowhere to run."

"What are you doing?"

"Making good on a promise," Xenia smiled at me. I shook my head.

"Don't kill her."

Xenia raised her eyebrows.

"And why would I do that?"

"Let her go, please," I begged. Tears ran down my face, my body shaking in tremors. I couldn't let my sister die. Not again, "Please just let her go, she's everything I have left."

Xenia barked out a laugh. It wasn't how a laugh should be. It was cruel, mocking, it made a shiver run down my spine.

"Let her go?" Xenia howled, shaking her head like it was the funniest thing in the world, "LET HER GO? Are you thick? Why would I let her go?"

"...P-Please..."

"No," Xenia chuckled, pressing the blade closer to Renee's throat, "No," she repeated, darker this time, "You are going to sit there and you're going to keep your eyes open, and you will watch her die."

"WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?" I screamed, "WHY ARE YOU KILLING HER AND NOT ME? SHE DID NOTHING!"

"Because I hate you," Xenia spat, "This is revenge. You murdered my brother. Now I'm gonna kill your sister, and there is nothing you can do to stop me."

"IT WASN'T ME!" I screamed, "IT WAS RAMONA AND TALIA, I DIDN'T TOUCH HIM!"

"Liar," Xenia snarled. Renee struggled in Xenia's grip some more, her face turning purple. Xenia smiled.

"Quit your squirming, dumb bitch," Xenia snarled, "Or I'll snap your neck in two."

"NO!" I screamed, "STOP, KILL ME INSTEAD!"

Xenia raised a brow at me.

"Really," she chuckled, "Oh how noble of you,"

"Please," I whispered. Xenia's grin widened.

"You know what's great about this?" she smiled, "I can do whatever I want to your sister, and you can't do a damn thing to stop me. I've got you in the palm of my hand."

"Fuck you."

"Damn," Xenia laughed cruelly, her tone mocking, "You've got hate in your heart, haven't you?"