Training (Day 2)

HUNTER WILLIAMSON POV

I make my way down to the training room, quickening my pace as look down at the watch on my wrist. It was 9:55, and after the whole situation the day before with Luke and Eugene, no one particularly wanted to be late. I looked up as the training room doors approached. Fern and Shane from my district went through the door, and I followed them.

Most of the tributes were already there, huddled in a half circle around Audrey. I stood beside Eliza from District 4, waiting for the other tributes to arrive. I looked around and saw, amusingly, that Charlotte, Luke and Eugene were all present. They must have gotten there pretty early to avoid more pushups.

In a few short minutes, every tribute was there. Audrey cleared her throat and began to speak.

"First off, I'd like to congratulate you on actually getting here on time!" she smiled. Her gaze stopped over Charlotte, who looked away.

"Anyway, today's training will be shorter than yesterday. Instead of training until 6, you will have until 2pm to train. After that, we will begin the individual assessments. We will start with District 1. First the males, then the females. We have also decided that we will be going by age order in each of those smaller sections, starting with the youngest. I have put up a sheet on the wall with the order."

With that, Audrey flicked her wrist, indicating we could go off to our stations.

I walked over to the sheet list and scanned over the words. The sheet had a list of everyone in their order, all the way to 24. I had a quick look over the sheet.

DISTRICT 1

1. Scott Lawson

2. Damon Bolt

3. Emmett Payne

4. Aria Reed

5. Demetria Krause

6. Honour Gilligan

DISTRICT 2

7. Hunter Williamson

8. Shane Schultz

9. Aaron Parker

10. Eve Smith

11. Fern Steel

12. Piper Canterbury

DISTRICT 3

13. Luke Hodges

14. Eugene Daniels

15. Chase McKinney

16. Charlotte Brown

17. Arwin Yates

18. Ramona McMarthy

DISTRICT 4

19. Jai Benson

20. Benji Watts

21. Xavier Rowe

22. Eliza Wilson

23. Talia Carter

24. Anastasia Bowen

PLEASE NOTE THAT, INSTEAD OF SHOWING SCORES, TRIBUTES IN THEIR RESPECTIVE DISTRICTS WILL BE PUT IN RANKS, RANGING FROM 1-6.

I frowned at the sheet. Going 7th wouldn't be too bad. The gamemakers would only be slightly bored at this stage, and most would pay attention to what I was doing. On the other hand, following Honour would be tough to beat. Expectations would be high, and I wasn't sure if I could get above her. Other than that, my only real threats in my district at that stage were Aaron and Piper. Everyone else, I would be able to beat with my hands tied behind my back.