District 11 Interviews

Universal POV

"Welcome back to the interviews! I am Jakub Jollyman, and I am your Hunger Games host this splendid year. Without further ado, please welcome District 11!"

The crowd roared as the six tributes walked onstage, grinning and smiling to the crowds. Renee's hair was curled around her face, framing her features, and she wore a strapless blue ballgown. Misty's hair had been piled up into an elegant messy bun with a braid running along the side of her head, and she wore a black and white bodycon dress. Caitlin's hair had been mostly left to do its own thing, however the natural wave was accentuated, and she wore a simple red a-line dress with a white collar. Max wore a grey waistcoat over a white dress shirt and simple black jeans, and his hair had been twisted and gelled into an odd, intricate shape. Jay wore black pants and a long, black coat over a white shirt. Chris wore a tight fitting navy shirt that showed off his muscular arms, a white tie, and white pants. His hair had been left au natural, but he could get away with it. The tributes sat down, and the interviews began.

"Let's begin with you, Renee," Jakub smiled. Renee nodded with an emotionless grin on her face.
"So, Renee, you and Misty are fairly close, correct?"
"Yea," Renee said immediately, looking over at her twin with a smile on her face, "I love her to death."
"Hmm, interesting," Jakub mused, "If you care so much about her, why didn't you volunteer for her when she was first reaped before you?"
Renee stiffened in shock, her eyes wide as her brain desperately tried to process the question.
"W-what kinda question is that?" she managed to stammer out angrily, "It's not like it would have made a difference... right?"
"Well, if you had volunteered for her you would have just been reaped twice and they would have selected another tribute, so Misty most likely wouldn't be here."
"Hey, stop attacking her!" Misty snapped, leaning forward in her seat, "I don't blame her one bit for me being here, and neither should anyone else. Now can we please, please drop this subject?"

"Fine," Jakub huffed, "Misty, let's interview you."
"Sure," Misty grumbled back, leaning back in her seat with an irritated look on her face.
"What do you think you offer sponsors that the other tributes don't?" Jakub asked.
"An actual decent sized brain in my skull," Misty retorted. Jakub hissed through his teeth, still smiling ridiculously at the crowd.
"Alright, do you have any rivalries with any other tributes?"
"No," Misty scoffed, "the people I have bad blood with are the ones controlling this game! They're all stupid little-"
"Let's move onto Caitlin!" Jakub loudly interjected, effectively cutting Misty off in the middle of her sentence.

Caitlin didn't seem very enthusiastic about being interviewed. In fact, she looked downright annoyed.
"So Caitlin - mind if I call you Kate?"
"Yes, I mind," was the sharp reply, "Only my friends call me Kate."
"Your friends... you mean beer and wine?" Jakub joked, although you could easily tell his words had malicious intent behind them. Caitlin stared at him for a while. Then, she got heated.
"Still more friends than you, you piece of low-life shit," Caitlin spat, "Alcohol dependence isn't fucking funny, I should know, and let me tell you right now that it isn't a fucking joke. Shithead." And without another word, Caitlin rose to her feet and stormed offstage.

"Max!" Jakub yelled out, trying to keep the interview going, "How are you?"
"I'm good," Max smiled softly.
"So, Max, why exactly did you volunteer? I mean, pretty low chances of surviving."
"I couldn't let Renee and Misty fend for themselves," Max said gravely, "I had to, otherwise I'd never forgive myself."
"Alright, well how good are your chances of making it to the Ultimate Games, in your opinion?"
"Pretty low," Max relented, "I'm not a very strong competitor."
"Alrighty, lets move onto Jay!" Jakub screamed.

"Hi, Jakub!" Jay said.
"So Jay, is there anyone... special... back home? Someone you're trying to get back to?"
"No," Jay scoffed, "I don't have time for a girlfriend."
"Hmm, okay. What's your preferred weapon?"
"A sword, definitely, but if I'm in a pinch I'm pretty good with a mace as well."
"Sounds like you'll be a threat!" Jakub said in an impressed tone, "And now for our last tribute - Christopher!"

"Please, Jakub, call me Chris," Chris smiled back at him.
"Swell!" Jakub practically shouted, "Now, Chris, do you think that your entire alliance can make it to the Ultimate Games?"
Chris' happy exterior slipped slightly, and a somber look came across his face. "I don't think so, honestly. We have a better chance that some other alliances, but the chances are really, really slim. No, I don't think so."
"Hmm, interesting," Jakub nodded, "Do you not have faith in your alliance?"
"Oh, no, I do! They're great, they really are, it's just that only 8 make it through, ya know? And I find it extremely unlikely that all four of us will somehow manage to make it. It's kinda-" The buzzer interrupted Chris, and Jakub rose to his feet as the remaining tributes left the stage.

"Wow! Panem, that was District 11. Are you excited to meet District 12, because I sure am! We'll be back after the break with our final group of tributes, don't go anywhere!"