District 2 Interviews

UNIVERSAL POV

“Welcome back, Panem!” Jakub screamed. “We are back with the District 2 interviews! I sure am excited to see this! Please give a warm welcome to Piper Canturbury, Eve Smith, Fern Steel, Shane Schultz, Hunter Williamson, and Aaron Parker!”

The crowd roared appreciatively as the 6 tributes walked on stage. Eve fidgeted uncomfortably and pulled down her short, tutu like dress as she sat in her seat. Fern and Shane held hands, their fingers entwined. Piper, Aaron and Hunter smiled cockily at Jakub, confidence oozing from every pore.

“Lets start with you, Eve.” Jakub smiled. “What’s it like sharing one mentor between the 6 of you?”

“Crowded!” Eve joked. The audience laughed.

“Whose your mentor?” Jakub asked. Eve smiled and turned to the camera.

“Big shoutout to Keegan!” she hollered. The crowd laughed again as Keegan stood up amongst the crowd, mock bowing. He made a drunken stumble and collapsed, inciting more laughter. Fern snorted in disgust.

“So Eve…” Jakub asked. “What will be your strategy to make it to the Ultimate Games?”

Eve shrugged, a massive grin on her face. “I don’t know. Not dying would be good.”

The crowd laughed again. Jakub smiled and turned to Piper.

“So Piper, how does it feel to be one of the oldest tributes competing this year?”

Piper shrugged. “I don’t know. I’m sure it’ll give me an advantage though. I’m older and more experienced than most tributes.”

“Bullshit!” Fern coughed. Shane squeezed her hand tighter.

Piper glared at her. “Oh so subtle, Fern.”

“Girls, girls, calm down!” Jakub smiled, although you could tell by the expression on his face that he was about 1 second away from putting a permanent brick wall between the two.

“Piper, why did you decide to volunteer this year?” Jakub asked.

Piper smiled. “I thought I’d have what it takes to win.”

Jakub nodded. “Good to hear. Now onto Fern!”

Fern, despite the attitude she had shown earlier, smiled sweetly at Jakub.

“Now Fern, I don’t mean to pry, but whats happening with you and Shane?”

“Well, we are now officially dating!” Fern smiled. She turned towards Shane and gave him a quick kiss to prove her point. The crowd went crazy.

“Now, I heard who you are allianced with. Bit of an odd bunch, I’d say. 2 of them aren’t even from the same district as you! They’re from two separate districts! Why, may I ask, did you choose to ally with them?”

“Well,” Fern stated. “When choosing my allies, I wanted someone trustworthy and who wouldn’t backstab me, so obviously half my District was out of the running.”

The Capitol laughed. Fern smirked. “There were a few people I was interested in forming an alliance with them, but a couple had already formed an alliance, so Shane and I asked a couple of people we thought would be trustworthy, brave, and would be willing to work with us.”

“Brave my ass!” Hunter scoffed. Fern shot him a glare.

“If looks could kill!” Jakub joked. He turned to Shane.

“So, how did you and Fern meet?”

Fern’s attitude changed immediately, as she smiled and leaned on Shane’s shoulder.

“Well, we were on the trainride to the Capitol, and when we were sitting in our compartments, waiting for Prucella to let us go to another District’s section, I looked across to the other side of the compartment and saw a beautiful, gorgeous girl with the most stunning green eyes I’ve ever seen. And that was when I realized I had already fallen in love.”

The crowd ‘aww’ed at the story.

“So it was love at first sight for you?” Jakub questioned.

Shane nodded, a hint of a smile playing on his lips. “You could say that.”

“What sort of weapons are you hoping for at the cornucopia?” Jakub asked. Shane smiled. “Well, it’s a long ranged weapon. But you’ll just have to wait and see.”

“Ok, onto Hunter! See any pretty girls here this year? Perhaps another couple?”

Hunter shrugged nonchalantly. “There are quite a few pretty girls here, but I can’t really get attached, you know? Only one comes out.”

“Very true!” Jakub agreed. “Do you have any strategies for these games?”

Hunter answered immediately. “Lay low, pick off any tributes in my way.”

Jakub nodded, an impressed look on his face.

“Alright. Lucky last is Aaron!”

Aaron smirked.

“Aaron, do you have a girlfriend back home?” Jakub questioned.

Aaron shook his head. “Nope.”

Jakub shrugged. “Ah well. Do you think you’ll be able to make it to the Ultimate Games?”

Aaron nodded. “Yes. I’m quite dangerous. I’ve been training for this ever since my 12th birthday, when my dad gave me a sword. He himself is a victor.”

“Interesting!” Jakub smiled. The buzzer interrupted him.

“Oh, looks like we are out of time! Come back after the break, where we’ll be interviewing District 3!”