District 7 Interviews

Universal POV

“Welcome Panem, to the District 7 interviews! My name is Jakub Jollyman, and I am your host tonight!”

The crowd cheered wildly as Jakub returned to the stage, his smile beaming out to the crowd.

“Without further ado, please welcome Acacia McCartney, Harriet Mains,Summer Clementine, Thomas Ellis, Mike Roberts and Nick Ericson!”

The crowd cheered and clapped as the 6 tributes wandered onstage, grinning and waving out to the crowd. Acacia had on a short dress, with a tribal patterned bodice and a peach coloured skirt, and her hair was up in a braid. Harriet had a soft yellow dress on that fell to her knees, and her hair that cut off at her chin was in beachy waves. Summer wore a long aqua blue dress which reached her ankles, and her dark blonde hair was in waves in a half up, half down style. Thomas wore a tuxedo with an aqua tie, matching Summer’s outfit, and his brown hair was swept to the side. Mike had on a nice fitting white shirt that accentuated his muscles and was cut off at the elbows, and he wore simple trousers. Nick wore a tuxedo similar to Thomas’, however it was white instead of black. The six of them sat down, and the interviews began.

“Alright, we will begin with Acacia!” Jakub grinned merrily. Acacia nodded politely, and her lip curved up in a small smile.

“So Acacia, what exactly happened at the reaping, with your sister?” Jakub asked, his eyebrows raised quizzically. Acacia took a shuddering breath in.

“I was scared of being reaped, and my sister told me she would volunteer for me if I got reaped. S-She lied.”

The audience murmured sympathetically. Jakub nodded slowly. “Ahh. That’s unfortunate.”

“She lied!” Acacia sobbed. She shook her head and sat back in her chair, tears beginning to form in her eyes.

“Do you want us to move on, Acacia?” Jakub asked softly. Acacia sniffled and nodded.

“Okay, Harriet, let’s talk to you.”

“Ask away, Jakub!’ Harriet smiled happily.

“What type of arena are you hoping for? Grassland? Desert? Underwater?”

Harriet shrugged. “I guess grassland’s would be easier to see and observe. It would be easier to tell if you were being hunted but, at the same time, you would have nowhere to hide if you were being targeted. So maybe tree’s.”

Jakub nodded once more. “M’kay. So, your alliance. It’s a bit odd, isn’t it? All of you are from separate districts.”

Harriet shrugged and nodded. “I guess. Well, I trust Iris and Yasmine. I want to be in an alliance with them.”