District 4 Interviews

Universal POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Welcome back, Panem, to the interviews!” Jakub screamed to the camera.

“Last but certainly not least, is District 4! Please welcome Eliza Wilson, Talia Carter, Anastasia Bowen, Xavier Rowe, Benji Watts, and Jai Benson!”

The 6 tributes walked onstage, grinning and waving. Eliza had on a short blue and white dress that made her look absolutely angelic. Talia had a deep red cocktail dress and her hair was billowing around her face in waves. Anastasia looked a bit more casual than the other girls, she was wearing a soft rose coloured summer dress with tiny yellow flowers. Xavier wore navy pants, a plain white shirt, and a blue vest. Benji wore a plain shirt with a jacket over it, and jeans. Jai had a tuxedo, which he adjusted as he sat down in his seat.

“Let’s start with Eliza. Is coming last in the District rankings demeaning at all?”

Eliza pressed her lips together, breathing heavily. “Little bit.” She muttered.

Jakub nodded. “Ok. What will be your tactic for the games?”

Eliza shrugged. “Dunno.”

Jakub asked a few more questions and, after realizing he was getting absolutely nowhere with Eliza, turned to Talia.

“So Talia, see any handsome men here this year?”

Talia laughed. “Nah. None of these boys are really my type. Somehow, I don’t think it would be very sincere to say ‘I love you’ while trying to slit their throat.”

The audience laughed.

“So you’re a fighter?” Jakub asked. Talia shrugged and smiled. “I guess so.”

“Do you have any rivalries with any tributes? Disputes?”

Talia pondered the question for a moment. “Well, there are some tributes I would gladly hit with a bus and then throw into the sewers, but unfortunately, that’s illegal. I checked.”

The audience roared with laughter.

“Good talking to you, Talia!” Jakub grinned. “Now onto Anastasia.”

Anastasia smiled politely as Jakub called her name.

“So what about you, Anastasia? See any good looking boys here?”

Anastasia shook her head. “Nah. No offense, guys.”

The audience laughed.

“Why ever not? Do you have a boyfriend back home?” Jakub asked. Anastasia hesitated before answering, her hands shaking slightly.

“Yes. Well, I did. He was killed last year.”

Jakub stared out at the crowd with a sympathetic face. “Oh, that sounds horrible. What happened?”

The Hunger games happened!” Anastasia shrieked. Xavier grabbed Anastasia’s arm, and the girl whimpered.

“Wait, were you the girl who tried to volunteer for Timothy Daniels last year in the 199th Hunger Games?” Jakub questioned. Anastasia sobbed and nodded.

“He died on day 3, didn’t he?” Jakub smiled sickeningly, deliberately stirring up unwanted memories in Anastasia’s mind. Anastasia burst into tears and covered her face, nodding.

“How was he killed again? If I recall, the careers tortured him by cutting off body parts. I still can’t believe they cut off all his limbs and facial features and he was still alive, can you-“

“SHUT UP, YOU STUPID DICKHEAD!” Anastasia screamed. She bolted from her seat and ran offstage, crying loudly.

“Well…” Jakub said slowly. “Whoops!”

The audience laughed loudly. Talia looked down at her shoes, a nervous look on her face. Jakub grinned wickedly and turned to Xavier.

“So, Xavie-“

“You are sick!” Xavier spat angrily. “I get you make fun of the tributes sometimes, but what you did to Anastasia was just disgusting. You do realize that her boyfriend died. He died. And you treated it like a fucking joke. Rot in hell!”

Jakub’s eyes flared angrily. “Look here, folks. Someone’s being awfully protective.”

The audience burst out laughing. Xavier stood up abruptly, anger apparent on his features.

“She’s my ally. Of course I’m protective of her.”

The audience continued to laugh loudly, drowning out Xaviers words.

“Ok, I’m done with this bullshit!” Xavier spat angrily. He marched offstage, causing many a shocked stare.

Jakub quickly tried to get the ball rolling again. “Onto Benji!”

Benji smiled as Jakub turned to him.

“So Benji, do you have any strategies for the games?”

Benji frowned for a moment before responding. “Uuuh… I guess…. I’m going to try and steer clear of the other tributes. Hopefully, I can avoid them long enough to make it to the Ultimate Games.”

Jakub nodded approvingly. “Do you think your whole alliance can make it through?”

Benji shrugged. “We have a chance. A slim chance, but a chance nonetheless.”

Jakub nodded. “Good, good. Now to Jai.“

Jai nodded. He didn’t smile, or grin, or do anything that the previous tributes had done. He just nodded.

“Jai, any ideas for what the arena will look like?”

Jai shook his head. “Nope. I’m hoping for forest, though. That’s what I’m more accustomed to.”

“Do you have any family back home? Anyone you are trying to return to?”

Jai shrugged. “Mum. Dad. My little brother. I miss them all a lot.”

The buzzer sounded loudly, and the remaining tributes left the stage.

“That was, unfortunately, the last of the interviews. Get ready to say goodbye to these guys, because 16 of them won’t be coming back.”

The crowd murmured sadly.

“Well, make sure to stay tuned for the Games, Panem! This was the Hunger Games Interviews, and I am your host, Jakub Jollyman!”