CAPITOL UPDATE

Hello Panem! I am Jakub Jollyman, and that's a wrap on Game 2 of our Quarter Quell! Only 1 more minigame to go, people!

I'll be telling you who the eight finalists are, what they did in the arena, and how they are doing now (one week after the end of the games)

Here is a list of our final 8!

- Dianna Barrett

- Hope Surrey

- Ali Richardson

- Thomas Ellis

- Mike Roberts

- Nick Ericson

- Xenia Hale

- Alejandro Hale

First up is Dianna Barrett. She has been a bit traumatised by the deaths of Toby and Summer, but she is still functioning. She did not kill anyone in these games, although she heavily wounded Cedric which led to his eventual death at the hands of Ali, however she also wounded him before this event by gouging out one of his eyes on the second day.

Hope Surrey hasn't been doing as badly as most of her fellow competitors, according to her she is just glad to be out of the arena. She has spent the majority of the week attempting to contact her sister Riley back him, but thus far has not gotten a reply. She has also been avoiding Mike Roberts like the plague, probably due to the awkward encounter they had at the very end of the qualifying round. Hope did not kill anyone these games.

Ali Richardson has been much quieter than her normal self, however she is still acting relatively normal after the deaths of Summer and Toby. She has been hanging around District 5's Dianna a fair bit of the time and the two have developed a close friendship. Her only kill was Cedric Ramos after the latter killed Toby Haynes, and her method of killing him? Death by wooden stool. What an odd method of death.

Thomas Ellis hasn't been his normal, cheery self at all. So far he has lashed out at several people - including Dianna and Ali, his two allies - still overcome with grief about the death of his long-time girlfriend, Summer Clementine, who he promised to keep safe. Don't keep promises you can't keep, Thomas! Thomas didn't kill anyone these games, although he came very close to killing Cedric on day 3.

Mike Roberts was known as the handsome boy from District 7, but he has definitely proven himself to be more than that. He had a lot of romantic tension with Hope Surrey from District 6 during the games, however neither of them ever acted on it and as far as we know, they have barely spoken since that awkward moment at the end of this qualifying round. Mike has killed two tributes - Kaylee Usdan in the bloodbath, and Harriet Mains when he pushed her off the top of a building.

Nick Ericson hasn't quite lived up to all the hype around him. He hasn't killed anyone these games, although he has come close a few times. His rebellious nature and sometimes snarky attitude made him a favourite in the Capitol. he has reportedly been talking to Mike more than Hope, sounds like the alliance has been drifting apart slightly.

Xenia Hale was the vicious psychopath that the Capitol came to both love and fear. She and her twin Alejandro injected fear into the hearts of anyone who crossed them and were a much feared nemesis in the arena. They made it clear of their dislike for their ally Cedric, even plotting to kill him if there was only one kill left and he was still alive! Xenia killed 4 people these games, earning her reputation as the biggest nemesis.

Alejandro Hale didn't get to shine quite as much as his twin, but it didn't make him any less terrifying to the tributes. Despite his stunning good looks, he wasn't the angel he looked to be and was merciless and cruel. He was a talented manipulator and whilst his twin Xenia and his ally Cedric were more geared towards brutal, violent killings, Alejandro was more calculating and quiet and was the brains of the group. Alejandro killed 1 person in these games, hopefully he will kill more in the Ultimate Games.

And that's all we have time for! Soon we will be broadcasting the reapings for districts 9 to 12, and will meet our next - and final - batch of tributes. But for now, goodbye Panem!