Train Ride

Valentina Curtis POV

The train pulled into the District 10 station and I sighed, resting my chin on my hand. I had to decide who I wanted as an ally soon; otherwise I'd be in deep shit. The train stopped and I heard commotion as the District 10 tributes got aboard. Immediately the door between the 9 and 10 carriages flung open and both Phillip and Rosalie walked through. Phillip looked confused and was wandering around like a blind bat, frowning and glancing around. He saw me and walked towards me.

"Have you seen the guy that is from my District, he's the... umm...."

"Mentor?" I asked dryly. Phillip looked confused and nodded his head slowly. I sighed.

"Nope, sorry dude."

Phillip shrugged and walked away, and then all of a sudden Rosalie was standing in front of me. I blinked in surprise.

"Can I help you?" I asked. Rosalie rolled her eyes.

"I want an alliance," she said outright, leaning on the table. I raised my eyebrows.

"Hmm, depends," I answered, "What can you do?"

"You've clearly never seen me with a blowgun, have you?" Rosalie replied narcissistically. I shrugged.

"Well, I have been residing in a completely different District to you for all 15 years of my life so, yeah, I haven't. For obvious reasons." I replied crisply. Rosalie opened her mouth to say something, but bit her tongue. She looked pretty pissed at me.

"Fine, I'll ally with you. We should recruit one or two more people though," I said. Rosalie nodded and sat down opposite to me, twiddling her thumbs.

"How about Jay Mann from 11?" she asked, "Or Santana Higgins from 12?"

"Maybe," I pondered. I stood up from my seat as the train stopped again at the District 11 station, and walked into the District 11 carriage, snapping my fingers at Rosalie to follow me. I heard Rosalie grumbling in annoyance but ignored her, slipping into the District 11 carriage. Misty, Renee and Max were sat at a table in the corner, and Christopher was talking with Doug from my District. Caitlin was slumped in the corner, her eyes shut as she snored softly, and Jay was sat on a couch, his hands behind his head and a smirk painted across his face.

"Hey," I said, approaching him. Jay opened an eye and looked Rosalie and I up and down, then opened both his eyes and leaned forward slightly.

"What?" he asked rather coldly. I flicked my hair over my shoulder.

"We need allies, and so do you." I answered immediately. Jay snorted.

"And why should I ally with you?"

"We are some of the strongest competitors in this minigame, I'm not going to bother sugarcoating it," I retorted, "If you had any brains you would ally with us. You do have a brain in there somewhere, right?"

Jay opened his mouth to speak, but I interrupted him again.

"At this point you are one of our biggest competitors and a large threat, and if we can't recruit you, then we're going to do everything we can to hunt you down and knock you off. It'd be wise of you to join us."

Jay cocked an eyebrow at me, "Well you've got that tied up in a neat little bow, haven't you?" He sighed and sat forward. "Fine, it's a deal. I'll join up with you."

Christopher Chambers POV

The train screeched to a halt as it arrived at the District 12 station. I heard the shuffling of footsteps as people boarded the train, and then we began to move forward again. I turned to Doug.