District 8 Interviews

Universal POV

“Hello Panem, and welcome back to the interviews!” Jakub Jollyman called out to the audience. “You’ve seen Districts 5, 6 and 7, and now we are back with our final interview – District 8!”

The crowd cheered loudly, and Jakub grinned out at the audience.

“Without further ado, please welcome Yasmine Davis, Kaylee Usdan, Xenia Hale, Alejandro Hale, Simon Hanson and Eddie Graham!”

The crowd applauded and cheered as the 6 tributes walked onstage, smiling and waving. Yasmine had on a floaty orange and red dress that seemed to ripple with flames as she walked, and her hair was up in a messy bun. Kaylee wore a white dress with mint green striped across the skirt, and her hair was in a braid. Xenia, true to her nature, had on a jet black dress, and her raven black hair was straightened and hung down her back. Alejandro’s hair was left au natural in waves that were swept to the side, and his white shirt and black pants complimented his appearance. Simon had on a navy tuxedo, and Eddie was looking very awkward in a black and white suit. The 6 of them sat down, and then Jakub began to interview.

“Let’s start with Yasmine!” Jakub said happily. Yasmine smiled and nodded at Jakub.

“So Yasmine, what is it like to share a mentor between six tributes? Rather crowded, isn’t it?”

“A little.” Yasmine smiled. “It’s definitely more difficult, you need to fight harder to them to pay attention to you. Most districts don’t have 6 victors, I assume that’s why they don’t have a mentor per tribute.”

Jakub nodded thoughtfully. “Well, that is probably a reason. Now, let’s go back to the day you were reaped. What were you feeling?”

“Mostly fright.” Yasmine continued to talk smoothly, her voice not faltering or ceasing at all. “There was a lot of determination as well. It was basically a big giant mess of emotions. Naming all of them would be impossible.”

Jakub nodded, then turned to Kaylee.

“Alright, onto Kaylee. How did it feel to be reaped?”

“Well, it was pretty scary.” Kaylee admitted. “It was my second last year. See, my parents decided to have me at a really terrible time in the year, so I turn 18 a few weeks after the reaping. If I had been born a few weeks earlier this would have been my last year. Not that it matters.”

“Hmm, okay.” Jakub said. He was clearly getting tired from the interviews. “Well, how does it feel to have your former BFF Xenia here?”

“Pardon me?” Kaylee asked incredulously, just as Xenia shouted “What?”