Pre Game Feast

Arwin Yates POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I looked up and down the huge oak table, grinning broadly as I swallowed the most delicious steak I’d ever tasted. All the tributes were sitting along the table, talking, laughing, and joking. It almost made you forget we were about to be thrown into an arena for slaughter.

I reached for the plate of steaks, piling them onto my plate. Benji stared at me, an amused smile on his face.

“Wow. You’re hungry.”

“Shut up.” I joked, playfully shoving him. He shoved me in return, and I laughed loudly.

“Hey Eve, can you pass the potatoes?” I asked Eve. She handed me the plate, and I put a couple onto my plate.

“Jesus Christ Arwin, do you ever stop eating?” Fern asked incredulously. I rolled my eyes.

“Jesus Christ Fern, do you ever stop criticizing?” I retorted, grinning. Fern rolled her eyes to heaven, but a small smile snuck onto her face.

“Attention tributes!” President Murphy called. He sat at the end of the table, able to watch and observe us all.

Creepy.

“We salute you, and we wish you all the very best for tomorrow. Although 16 of you will be leaving us for good, you will forever remain in our hearts and memories.”

“Ugh, so fricken charming.” Eve snorted. I grinned and turned once more to the President.

“Us from the Capitol present you with this meal, in good spirits, as a final gesture. Now, you may continue eating.”

The chitter chatter began again, and I clasped my hands together, turning to my allies. “What are we going to do at the bloodbath?” I asked. “Are we all going to go in, or only a few of us?”

“I’m going in.” Benji and Fern both said at the same time.

“Me too.” Eve said, raising her hand slightly.

“Fine, me too.” Shane said.

“Alright, it’s settled. We are all going in. Just grab a few things, then  we leave. Where will we meet up?”

Benji frowned for a moment before responding. “We would meet somewhere on the outskirts of the Cornucopia. At the tree-line.”

“What if it’s not a forest arena?” Fern questioned. “We can’t really figure that one out with the information we have. We have no idea what arena they’re going to throw us into.”

Shane nodded. “But they would have to have a source of water somewhere. If there’s a lake or something, maybe meet there?”

“Too unpredictable.” Eve piped up, twirling her brown hair around her fingers. “What if the water is further into the arena? We wouldn’t be able to find it.”

“Uuh… I guess we just figure it out once we are in the arena.” Benji said. I nodded, too tired to care. The others agreed, and we turned back to our plates.

Eve grabbed her wine glass and held it out. “I propose a toast. To hopefully not being slaughtered and killed in the first 5 minutes!”

The rest of us laughed and grabbed our wine glasses. We clinked them all together in the air, making a loud clinking noise.

“Cheers!” I grinned broadly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Who do YOU think will make it to the Ultimate Games? Which tribute are YOU rooting for? Let me know in the comments!