Opening Ceremony

Universal POV

The crowd cheered and roared as the chariots entered. The winner of last year's games, Rosalyn Flint, led the way as she rode through on her chariot. She wore a long white gown with a red number 7 slapped on the shoulder and she held her victory weapon, her axe. She waved to the crowd, holding up her weapon with a grin. The chariots holding the tributes came through, and everyone oohed and aahed at the outfits.

The next chariot to appear was the District 9 female chariot. Tatiana, Valentina and Amaya all wore long, fringed kimonos of a cream colour, the fabric paper thin. As the chariot moved forward the kimonos flowed out behind them. They all wore white cotton overalls under the kimonos, and a simple grey t-shirt underneath the overalls. Their shoes were a light caramel colour. Whilst the outfit was nothing extraordinary, it was rather pretty. The crowd screamed out the girls names and threw flowers towards them, one of which Tatiana caught elegantly between her fingers. The girls smiled as the crowd roared, and Valentina blew a kiss to one of the cameras as the chariot rolled forward.

Next was the District 9 male chariot. They looked rather similar to the girls, except instead of a kimono they wore a thin jacket and instead of overalls they wore a cream shirt and white shorts. The cream colour was obviously meant to allude to the colour of the grain fields back in 9. Jonathon, Victor and Doug grinned and waved politely to the crowd as the audience cheered.

Next up was the District 10 females. As many in the capitol predicted, they were dressed as cowgirls. Shay and Rosalie looked rather stylish in their outfits, but Daphne's wild brown hair was poking out from underneath her hat, and her small stature made her look rather cute in the outfit. Not stylish, but cute. As far as the capitol was concerned, she was the baby of the competition. All three of the girls held whips, and Rosalie had purposely hiked her skirt up higher to attract attention from sponsors. It worked; many of the men in the audience were watching her like a hawk as she passed. Daphne saw what Rosalie was doing and crinkled her nose.

The next chariot to roll out was the District 10 male chariot. Most people expected them to be cowboys, but instead they were dressed as bulls. The clothes they wore had a resemblance to that of a Viking, however they held no weapons and instead of a helmet they had large horns protruding from their temples. They had brown fur draped around their shoulders as well. It wasn't the most original idea, but it was certainly better than their female counterparts. Phillip, Will and Tim all waved to the crowd, but Phillip didn't smile as much as the other boys.

Next up was the District 11 female chariot. All three girls wore short denim dungarees, pointing towards their farming district, and each had on a long sleeved shirt beneath the dungarees. Each girl wore a different colour. Misty wore blue, Renee wore a soft yellow, and Caitlin wore purple. Each of them had a crown of flowers resting atop their head which matched the colour of their shirts. Misty had a delicate crown of forget-me-nots, Renee had yellow roses surrounding her head like a halo, and Caitlin had a crown of violets. They smiled and waved to the crowd - even Caitlin. She must have sobered up since the reaping.

Next up was the District 11 male chariot. Max, Christopher and Jay all wore long denim dungarees and a long white shirt beneath it. Unlike the girls who had coloured shirts matching their flower crowns, the boys wore simple crowns of leaves. All 3 of the boys had ruffled, messy hair, and combined with their crowns of leaves they looked like forest nymphs.

The next chariot was the District 12 female one, and jaws all around the stadium dropped at the sight of the girls. Camille, Beth and Santana all wore huge, flowing dresses with long sleeves and of a black colour, similar to a black, long sleeved wedding dress. They all wore tall, twisting headpieces that were a charcoal black, and they all had smoky eye makeup. Their hair was pulled up into a milkmaid braid with two strands framing either side of their faces. They were wearing more makeup than any of the other tributes, there was a lot of contouring and dark eye makeup to sharpen their features and accentuate the shadows of their face. All of a sudden, both their dresses and their headpieces erupted into flames. The crowd roared as fire covered them, and the girls smiled and waved to the crowd.

Finally out came the District 12 male tribute chariot. Like the girls, they also had contoured faces and dark eye makeup, but instead of a dress they wore tight black pants, a black shirt, and a long, flowing cape the colour of charcoal. Their outfit also erupted into flames like the girls, and the crowd went wild. Jeffrey grinned sheepishly and waved, whilst Rudy has a stony faced expression. He attempted a smile, but it looked pained and forced and eventually he stuck to an emotionless face. Eric smiled and waved, interacting more with the crowd than his counterparts.

The chariots all stopped in a line. The president introduced each tribute to the Capitol crowd, and each name was met with cheers. Then the chariots rolled into the Training Centre, and the door shut behind them.