Game 2, Day 4 (Afternoon)

Dianna Barrett POV

"NO!" I roared. Cedric looked up at me, but he realized the danger too late. I charged forward with my knife and stabbed him in the stomach, burying the blade deep within his gut. His eyes rolled back into his head and blood sprung up from the wound as he collapsed to the ground like a ragdoll, clutching his stomach with a guttural groan of pain. I threw the blood-covered knife to the side and pushed past him, not caring whatsoever about his injuries. I crouched down beside Toby and pulled his head into my lap. Tears stung my eyes and rolled down my cheeks, landing on Toby's face.

"Dianna?" Toby mumbled. The sword was still buried in his torso, and his breathing was irregular and shaky. I bit my lip. He wouldn't survive that. It had probably punctured a lung.

"Dianna, where are y-" The question died on Thomas' lips as he barged into the room, followed closely by Summer and Ali. He stopped at the sight of Cedric and Toby's bodies, and his eyes widened in horror. Summer clapped a hand over her mouth. Ali stared at the sight in front of her, silent tears rolling down her face. Cautiously she stepped towards Toby and I, avoiding Cedric like the plague. The other two followed her, and in a matter of moments all four of us were crouched around Toby.

"I'm going to die, aren't I?" Toby whispered. He wasn't crying, which surprised me to an extent, although he looked terrified beyond belief.

"No, no you're not." Thomas said determinedly. He pulled the sword from Toby's body, wincing at the boy's cry of pain, and then put his hands over the wound in an attempt to staunch the flow of blood.

"Don't lie to me," Toby whispered, "Please. I know I'm going to die."

Ali sobbed loudly, slapping a hand to her mouth in an attempt to stifle it. Toby looked up at her and shook his head softly.

"Please don't cry, I hate seeing people cry."

I tried hard to mask my tears, sniffling slightly as I stared at Toby's head in my lap. She shot us a small, reassuring smile, then his head flopped to the side and the smile was wiped from his face.

BOOM!

Ali broke into a full out cry of turmoil, rocking back on her heels and away from Toby's corpse. Summer slowly got to her feet and gently pulled Ali to a standing position, holding her as she sobbed. Thomas and I got to our feet and moved away from the body, staring at the blood that was pooling out from beneath him.

"We can't take him out, it's too risky." Thomas muttered, "The twins have gotta be around somewhere."

Ali nodded and broke free from Summer's hug, her face red as she dutifully avoided looking at Toby. She walked past Cedric, sniffling quietly.

All of a sudden, Cedric's hand lashed out and grabbed onto Ali's ankle, a groan of pain and anger emitting from him. Ali screamed and whipped around, grabbing the closest item - a wooden stool - and smashing it down on Cedric's skull with a shriek. She winced and darted away as it made contact with Cedric's head, and I stumbled back in horror as a dent formed in Cedric's skull. I thought he was already dead. That's when I realized there hadn't been a cannon before.

BOOM!

Death by wooden chair. Idiotic death for an idiotic person.

Thomas Ellis POV

"Shit, you alright?" Summer asked Ali, grabbing her by the forearm and pulling her away from Cedric's corpse. Ali nodded feverishly, her breathing fast and afraid. Cedric lashing out had almost scared me to death, Ali must have had a heart attack when he grabbed her ankle.

"We need to go, guys," Dianna piped up, walking briskly towards the door, "The twins will be around here somewhere, I'm willing to bet they'll be coming for us next."