Ch- 38, Unrequited Love

"Love may have the longest arms, but it can still fall short fr an embrace."

Batuk Roy Chowdhary was sitting in his room, playing the mouth organ as he sat by the window. He was lost in a deep thought, when suddenly a thought from the morning struck him. As soon as this thought made it's way to his mind, Batuk hurt himself with his mouth organ. His lower lip started bleeding and he just hissed a bit in pain.

"This thought itself is dangerous for me! I dont know how will this affect my life?!" He murmured getting frustrated and kept his instrument on the table. He didn't want to go out, looking for the medicine, so he reached out for his bag to find one. He always kept one handy, as mouth organs weren't really comfortable those days.

Batuk pulled out the medicine tube and with it came out a folded paper too. He kept the medicine aside and picked up the paper, which came out to be a letter!

"My Dear BRC

I know you don't want to talk to me, but I do! Now it's almost been a month that you have been ignoring me. Don't you think it's just so unfair to make a girl wait for this long? I mean, it should have been you, coming behind me! But I don't mind going behind you for your acceptance and Love!

Just see, here I'm dying to get a response from this Prince charming, but he seems to be a true coward who's scared to accept it!

But you know what? Mallika doesn't like to be kept awaited!
I want to have a talk with you and I'm sure that shouldn't bother you, Mr. Batuk Roy Chowdhary!

I'll be waiting for you in the new Silver Night Club, tomorrow evening! Don't shy out and sit back at home. Do come to meet your Mallika.

I'll be waiting!

Yours
Mallika"

Batuk crumpled the paper in his hand angrily and breathed deep, closing his eyes. This girl had been so behind him since the past one month, that it was now clearly suffocating him.

He had already told Mallika a hundred times that he didn't love her but she seemed too stubborn to register any of his words!

She had been here from Delhi after her father's transfer and did absolutely nothing accept for the daily Dance practice.
Batuk had known her for the past one year now, and she still seemed to be a mystery!

As if her clothing and parlance weren't enough that she had a whole different lifestyle. Batuk had never been to Delhi, but he had always heard about it being a beautiful city with beautiful hearted people. That was untill he met Mallika. After he found her in a friend's party and started to know her, he knew she was different, really different!

He just sighed, sucking the blood that oozed out of his lip and retired to bed. He would figure it out tomorrow if he wants to meet her or not or maybe ask his Dada.

.......

That night, Bondita woke up to Rudhi's cries and found a shirtless Anirudh cradling their wailing daughter. Bondita quickly walked upto him and he just looked at her with a tensed face.

"She just threw up and I guess she has a high fever too!" Anirudh told, visibly panicking.

"Don't worry, Pati Babu! Hand her to me, I'll giver her the medicine."  Bondita told him with a worried frown.
"You go and wear something first! I don't want you to fall ill as well." Anirudh just nodded and grabbed a shirt from the cupboard.

Bondita took her Puchki to the bed and tried to feed her a spoonful of the syrup that Dr. Ganguly had prescribed. But as if she just didn't want it. Rudhi spit all of it out and continued to cry painfully.