Ch- 52, So Far Still So Close!

"No matter hie far I go from you, my Love.
I'll always have to return to you!
You're my only home!"❤️

After Rudhi stopped crying, Anirudh was still hugging her tiny frame in his arms with his eyes closed.
Bondita was just gazing at them with love. No matter how much they were angry with each other, they would keep everything aside for their little girl!

After a few minutes of silence, Anirudh broke the loving hug with his daughter and made her sit on his lap, facing her mother.

"Sorry, Puchki!" Bondita cupped both her cheeks and kissed her baby's forehead with love.

"Take her, I'll go and change." Anirudh placed Rudhi on Bondita's lap and went to the washroom.

Bondita simply nodded and held her daughter in her arms, not able to decipher what to feel about her Pati Babu.

Was he really so mad at her that he won't even talk?

Would they be keeping the promise they just gave to Rudhi? Or will they fight again?

Bondita just sighed and cradled her baby in her arms, humming a soft song for her.

Rudhi sat in her Maa's lap, hugging her with her head rested against the motherly warmth of Bondita's chest.

"My Baby! You were really scared, right?" Bondita patted her daughter's head, brushing her light hair softly.
"My Sweet daughter!" She kissed Rudhi's head lovingly.

After sometime when Anirudh came out of the washroom in his night Kurta, he found Bondita patting Rudhi to sleep.

This was generally not the time for Rudhi to sleep, but he didn't question his wife. He knew Bondita was more responsible about everything than him and knew the best for their baby.

He combed his hair and walked to Bondita.

"After she's asleep, come to the study!" He whispered to her, not wanting to wake up Rudhi and walked out of the room.

Bondita was crouching on her arm and slowly moved her head in agreement. She just hoped that any of their conversation does not end up into another fight.

.....

Anirudh had walked down the stairs and sat with Kaka in the hall, untill Bondita came.

"How was your day?" Kaka asked.

"The toughest." Anirudh just sighed and leaned back onto the sofa.
"When is Baba coming back from the business trip?" He asked, looking at his Kaka.

"He told Shubra Behen that he would be returning back tomorrow." Kaka replied.

"Okay." Anirudh replied.
"How was your day?"

"It.... It was fine." Trilochan Babu said.

But this wasn't the truth. His day had not been fine at all. The whole day, he was restless and had an undeciphered ache in his heart. His Bondita Bahu had been sad for the whole time and didn't even talk much when she came down to give him his evening tea.

Infact, Duti too hadn't played with him much. She wasn't leaving her mother after she saw her Baba's angry look this morning.

"Pati Babu..." Bondita called, walking down the staircase and smiled softly at her Kaka Sasur Ji.

Anirudh looked up at her and nodded his head with a sigh.

"Kaka, I'll just come." He said, standing up, before clutching Bondita's wrist.

"Come!" He told and started walking to the study, gently dragging Bondita with him.

Bondita didn't say anything and just kept looking at him from behind. Her expressions not telling anything about what she felt.