Ch- 100, The Elder Sibling

Because of you, I'll always have a friend. ❤️

A couple months had already passed after the day Rudhi got to know about her soon to arrive sibling. She had been so happy and excited, she announced it to her friends with all the pride and happiness.

That day when she returned home after school, her Baba was at home. He was often at work during this this time, so seeing him home was exciting for Rudhi.

"Babaa!!" Rudhi ran into the study, her school bag still on her shoulders.

Anirudh looked up from the book he was reading and stood up instantly, knowing Rudhi would jump into his arms like everyday, and she did.

"How was your day at school?" Anirudh asked after he kissed her cheek with love.

"It was good." Rudhi murmured, but she didn't seem really happy today, which caused Anirudh to frown.

"What happened Mishti? Did something happen in school? Someone said something to my princess?" He asked gently caressing her cheek as he walked back to his chair behind the writing table.

He put her down on the table in front of him as he sat and held her hands in his. Her hair was braided into two little plaits with red ribbons according to the uniform and she looked really cute in them.

"Mishti, won't you tell Baba what happened?" He asked again as he saw her looking down with a sad face.

"Rudra has a baby brother...." Rudhi murmured.

"I know that. What about him?" Anirudh asked.

"Rudra said that once his brother was born, his parents forgot about him. They love the new baby more and also scold Rudra for touching the baby sometimes." She told with sad eyes and a little pout on her lips.
"Also, now the baby sleeps with their mother and Rudra has to sleep in another room. She also feeds the baby with her own hands and Rudra has to eat by himself." Rudhi stopped and looked up at her Baba was a moment.

Anirudh knew exactly where she was going with this, but he let her complete.

"Will you and Maa also forget me after the new baby comes?" She asked with little tears glistening her eyes.
"Will you not let me sleep in between and also not feed me with your own hands because I'm a grown up child now?" She asked, almost on the verge of breaking into tears.

"Mishtii! Calm down darling!" Anirudh wrapped his arms around her and gently stroked her hair with love.
"It's good that you shared it with me, okay? We will talk about this now." He pacified her before saying anything.

Tears had finally rolled down her cheeks but she was assured that now her Baba would surely solve her problem.

Anirudh broke the hug and held her hands again. Looking into her ryes with love and assurance, he gently wiped off her tears as well.

"Listen to me now, Mishti. Maa and Baba love you very much. We will never stop loving you in any situation, okay? You're always going to be our sweet little princess." He smiled as he saw some relief in his daughter's eyes.
"You know, when the new baby comes, it will be really small. They will need much more care than any of us, so Maa will have to take care of the new baby a little more than she cares about us." He explained.

Rudhi was listening to him patiently and he was happy that his daughter was mature enough to try and understand what her Baba had to say.

"Also, the baby is going to be new in this world right?" He asked and she nodded.
"So they will surely be needing extra care from Maa and Baba right? And about sleeping in between us, Mishti has always been sleeping on my chest right?" Anirudh smiled at her with raised eyebrows.