Afterglow pt2

A/n- a lot of angst and fighting in this one yall brace yourselves

Your pov-
I'm watching tv and Lizzie and her husband Robbie had just announced that Lizzie had given birth. I was really happy for her. It was getting close to the holidays and here I was single again for another.

Auli'i had been seen kissing another girl and Scarlett had been the one to message the photo for me. We had a massive fight and Auli'i walked out on me. That was 3 years ago. I was now 29 and very much single. I mean I had a cat.

I didn't contact Scarlett after that picture. I didn't even text back. She had been single for a while too. I saw her every now and again on socials but I moved cities out to Boston. I needed a break and I gave myself a break. I tried working on myself and I had gotten there. I was really thriving, gardening was a new hobby. Lizzie was the one who actually helped me. Strange but me and her were good friends now, she invited me round for thanksgiving and I had gotten an invite for Christmas but I'm spending it just me this year.

Scarletts pov-
3 years of working on myself. I had made my apologies to Lizzie and we were fine now. She had just given birth and I went to the baby shower. We were always better as friends. However y/n cut me off completely, I found out Auli'i was cheating 3 years ago and told her. I got no response but they had broken up.

I missed her all day everyday. I think about her every second, every minute of every day. If the world was ending my first thought would be y/n. Nothing else just her.

Your pov-
In two weeks time it's the Oscars and I was asked to present an award. That was ok with me.

Time skip-

You- " and the winner of the award for best actress is"
Scarlett was nominated for this category. I hadn't seen her in years, she was still so beautiful.
You- " Scarlett Johansson"

She started to cry with happiness and I started clapping. She came up on stage and I gave her a big hug.
You- " well done Scarlett. You deserve it"
Scarlett- " thank you so much y/n"

I stand back whilst she makes her speech. All the feelings I had pushed down just came back up again. She was in my brain. Like a disease.

Time skip-
I was walking out and getting in my car ready to head to my hotel.

Scarlett- " y/n WAIT."
You- " hey. Everything ok"
Scarlett- " this isn't going to be long but before you go I need to apologise. The last three years, I've been working on myself. I've seen therapists. I've really put the work in. I can't move on without apologising to you. I love you and I always will, I truly believe we are meant for eachother but I hurt you. My last intention was to ever hurt you. It's my biggest regret and I have to live with it everyday. But I want you to be happy and I just want to say I'm deeply sorry y/n. You deserve happiness and a family and every great thing life has to offer and I'm sorry I couldn't give that to you."
You- " I can't do this shit sober.  Would you like to go for drinks?"
Scarlett- " yeh sure"

Scarletts pov-
It was strange that y/n asked me for drinks. It was nearly Christmas and we both needed to company so why not.

5 vodka and cokes later-

Scarlett- " y/n we should get you home"
The girl was almost passed out.
You- "no no you don't tell me what to do. It's like the same shit over and over with you again"

She was slurring her words completely. I didn't care her opinion on me right now I just wanted her to be safe.
Scarlett- " I know you hate me y/n but I'm just trying to get you home safe"
You- " THERE IS NO HOME ANYMORE SCARLETT. THERE HASN'T BEEN HOME SINCE WE ENDED."

She started crying. I forgot how much of a mess she was when she drinks. I rubbed her back and guided her to stand up and we walked out.

Scarlett- " where are you staying?"
You- " a hotel"
Scarlett- "where is that hotel?"
You- " I need to sit down"

She proceeds to sit down on the floor and I sit down beside her.
Scarlett- " y/n. Honestly I have no idea where your staying so why don't you come back to mine. Nothing is going to happen I have a guest room"

She just nods then proceeds to lay her head on my lap. I call a taxi and lift her into the car.

Time skip to the morning-

Your pov-
Where the fuck was I? I sat up and my head was pounding. On the side of the bed was aspirin and water. Who was I with?

Scarlett- " hi y/n. How you feeling?"

Did I sleep with her?

You- " not good"
Scarlett- " we didn't sleep together. I slept in my room and you slept in the guest room"

Why was I disappointed?

You- " oh ok. Well I better be going"
Scarlett- " yeh that's fine. It was really nice to see you y/n"
You- " I left my phone back at the hotel. Can I call a cab?"
Scarlett- " yes of course"

She hands me her phone and the Home Screen page is a photo of me on New Year's Eve with confetti all around me. She never changed it.

I phone the cab. I get in it and head to the hotel after I thank Scarlett for letting me stay round.

Scarlett's pov-
I call Chris.

Scarlett- " y/n and me went for drinks. She stayed over nothing happened but she's left and going back to Boston and I can't lose her again."
Chris- " well get your ass to the airport and go fight for her."
Scarlett- " what if she doesn't take me back"
Chris- " I'm in Boston so you can come stay with me, if she rejects you"
Scarlett- " encouraging Chris thanks."
Chris- " good luck scarjo"

Time skip-

Scarlett- " hi I need a single out to Boston."
Airline worker- " we have a flight heading out in 3 hours and we have one first class seat left. Is that ok?"
Scarlett- " yes that's fine."

I hand my credit card over and pay. I wait in the airport with a bag I quickly packed.

You- " Scarlett? What are you doing here"
Scarlett- " be with me. I love you. And I think about you all the time. I know I fucked things up really bad but I can live without you. Please don't leave me y/n"

She kisses me. I kiss her back.

You- " yeh. I'm not leaving."
Scarlett- " good because I brought a ticket to Boston and Chris was going to look after me if  we didn't work out"
You- " that's adorable"

Speaker- " all passengers going to Boston on the 2pm flight please make your way to gate 52"

Scarlett- " this is endgame y/n. I'm not leaving ever again."

A/n- I'm sorry this took ages to come out but part 2 is finally here. Did everyone have a good Christmas???