Dorothea- SJ

Backstory: y/n and Scarlett both grew up in NYC (Manhattan) together. However after high school, y/n ran as fast as she could out of the city and started a new life, one that she wasn't "supposed" to live. They never saw eachother until the night of the met gala.

Scarletts pov- (2001)
Me and y/n are about to finish high school and we are so excited. We both hate this place so much. Our plan is to either ditch prom all together or turn up in suits as a power move. We get our piercings together, confide in eachother about everything. I believe she truly is my soulmate, yes we are both fruity. We have never slept together or anything, neither are we a couple. But we are like best friends who love eachother romantically, it's complicated to explain.

2 weeks later-

Y/n and I both passed our SATS and now prom is today. Her mum is making her go in a dress but I'm going in a suit. Y/n has always been pushed to do pageants and in a weeks time is scheduled to go to a debutant ball. She hates it so much. I've comforted her whilst she cries and wishes there was some other way she could be. Her mum isn't accepting about her sexuality, apparently it's a phase however my mum is more free spirited so she accepts and just moves on. I'm putting on my suit and doing my hair and makeup and I think I look hot.

  I'm putting on my suit and doing my hair and makeup and I think I look hot

You- " oh my Scarly you look beautiful."

She comes over and hugs me so tight.

Scarlett- " why aren't you dressed?"
You- " I can't do up my dress without someone so I brought it with me"
Scarlett- " let's get you ready to go"
You- " I hate this dress"

Scarlett- " why aren't you dressed?"You- " I can't do up my dress without someone so I brought it with me"Scarlett- " let's get you ready to go"You- " I hate this dress"

She's sorting herself out in the mirror and I think she looks beautiful.

You: " what?"
Scarlett: " you look breathtaking. Regardless whether you like it or not"
You: " hmmm."
Scarlett: " it's fine baby. Come here"

She cuddles up to me in my arms. We both know it can't be like this forever. I'm getting more call backs for projects and she's getting ready for college. It's hard. This is like our last proper night together before I go to Paris for a little while, by the time I come back she'll be off to college.