Trailer loneliness- SJ

Reader - 17/18

No warnings

- Scarlett is like a mother figure. Short fluff one shot today :)

Your pov-
Don't get me wrong, I love acting and I'm currently on set of JoJo rabbit where I am playing the Jewish girl who is hiding in Scarletts characters house. Scarlett and I were friendly not extremely close, she was closer with Roman because he's a lot younger. As a lot of people say I'm at the awkward age where am I still a child actor or an adult actor, therefore unless there is someone my age I don't flow into the 'groups'.

Being away from family, friends etc is quite isolating. I live with my 21 year old sister and a few of our friends in a small town house in London. My sister is on her last year of university and I'm the middle of writing her dissertation so it was not good timing for her to come. We call occasionally but overall I'm very much alone as everyone else is also 21 and busy. Roman is a nice kid but he's the proper baby on set, this is my 2nd or 3rd move now, I've always had a costar my age so now I feel very alone.

I've read some books, created new Spotify playlists, taken a lot of naps, done some artwork, listen to Taylor swift a lot. I can't help but feel very empty. This was supposed to be the start of my career in the big films but I was just scared and alone. I'm currently sitting on my bed in my trailer with all too well, 10 minute version, Taylor's version playing in the background whilst I read my book, when I hear a knock at the door.

You- " come in"

Scarletts pov-
The set of Jojo rabbit has been one of the best sets I've been on and I've been on a lot of sets. Sure it's a small cast movie but everyone's like a family. Roman is the sweetest kid but I can't help but feel worried about y/n. I know how she's feeling, she's at the awkward age for an actor. Today is our day off and Romans mom came to take him out for the day but I couldn't find y/n so I headed towards her trailer and knocked on the door.

I let myself in and see her lying on her bed reading a book.

You- " you alright Scarlett, do they need me on set"
Scarlett- " no no, it's our day off remember. I was just coming to check on you. Everything ok?"
You- " yep all good here"

I see her wipe her eyes.

Scarlett- " missing home?"
You- " yeh a lot."

And just like that she starts to tear up.

You- " I miss my sister and the different time zones just don't match up with her uni and when we are filming and I just feel like I don't fit in on set as I'm just at that awkward age"

I go and sit on the bed and put my arm around her.

Scarlett- " everyone on set adores you y/n so there's no need to be feeling awkward but I know exactly how you feel. I was once shooting a movie called a love song for Bobby long and I was the only teen on set. No one was around, like my family so I felt very alone. But my "dad" in the film made me involved to try and make me feel less isolated."
You- " yeh I guess"
Scarlett- " why don't I take you out for brunch. It's 10am we can still make it?"
You- " let me grab my purse"
Scarlett- " this is on me y/n. Let me treat you. I don't want you to feel all alone"

Time skip-
We came back from brunch and she was obviously tired, the hours for this film were long due to the complexity of each characters narrative, so these odd days of rest were important.

Scarlett- " do you want to come have a nap in my trailer"
You- " yeh sure I don't mind"
Scarlett- " come on bubs it's ok just relax "

I sit on the bed and put on SNL from last night to see Colin. Y/n comes and sits next to me all cuddled in. She slowly starts to drift off as I stroke my fingers through her hair. She was all relaxed now and seemed a lot happier and less isolated.

And for the rest of filming me and her were inseparable. We took naps together, we shared trailers because she needed some support mentally. She opened up to me about her parents and her mental health. She felt like a daughter to me. I was going to be devastated once filming is over.

Scarlett- " we only have a couple weeks left of filming now. What are your plans after?"
You- " well I'm not sure yet."
Scarlett- " look I have a place in New York with plenty of room back home with my Husband (rose does not exist rn). Would u like to come stay after you have seen your sister again?"
You- " as long as it's ok with Colin. But yeh that would be nice. I love my sister but she has no emotional maturity to help me at the moment"
Scarlett- " then it's settled. Go back to sleep bubs, the final scene tomorrow, it's your big day"

A/n- fluff for today

Do we have any suggestions :)