Count to 3- SJ

Reader will be 9, then jump to 18

- I've never done a young reader, I am not 9 and I've blurred the age of 9 out from my mind, so forgive me if this is shit.

But TW- needles... hitting idk?

Scarletts pov:
Around a year ago y/n was diagnosed with type one diabetes. It was after she collapsed and went into a diabetic coma, it was scary but I got through it. Lizzie and Chris helped me out as y/n's dad went rogue as soon as he heard.

It's a daily battle because she hates needles. Taking her sugar levels is bearable but injecting the insulin is a battle. We have to do it around 2 times a day, once in the morning before breakfast and once before dinner.

(Present morning)

Scarlett: " baby it's the morning, open those pretty eyes munchkin"

She giggles and snuggles into me.

Scarlett: " can we quickly do the nasty stuff now baby?"

She tries to squirm away but I keep her close.

Scarlett: " I can't make you a yummy breakfast until we do it."
You: " ok...."

She starts to tear up. I get out the machine that takes her blood sugar. She is has just below normal blood sugar level so the insulin cannot be missed today. I go to do the insulin and I turn around and she's gone.

Scarlett: " y/n baby please. The quicker we do this, the quicker we can have a fun day with auntie lizzie"
You: "I'm scared mama"

It breaks my heart everytime, I have to play bad cop. I can't watch her suffer, she can't live without this. When she's a little bit older she's allowed to have an insulin pump which would be better suited but she's too young right now according to the doctors.

Scarlett: " why don't we put some black widow on and then we can count to three and it will be over and done with. Snuggle pooh bear (her favourite teddy, also a/n, I've had my pooh bear for 14 years)"
You: " ok. But I'm shutting my eyes when we do it"

I put black widow on and I skip to her favourite scene where I'm fighting yelena.

Scarlett: " ready 1....2"

I put the needle in her arm on two because she'll run on 3. I push the insulin in and then wipe her arm with an alcohol wipe to keep it clean.

You: " mama that wasn't THREE. Your a LIAR"

She hits me and runs off downstairs into her little play cozy room I made for her. It's her safe space when things feel too much.

I start to cry because I wish there was another way, I hate putting her through this twice a day everyday.

- 9 years later-

Your pov:
I was a menace as a child. I mean it wasn't my fault, who can blame a nine year old for being terrified of needles.