Chapter 1

A/n-I'm not an author so if I dont punctuate in the right places or something I'm sorry this is just for entertainment anyways enjoy

It was a cloudy morning and I wake up and head downstairs and see everyone crying. "What's wrong?" I asked my mom rubbing my eyes before she comes tackling me with a hug with tears running down her face. "Oh mija...Abuelo passed away last night." She cries harder as of me...well I have a shocked look on my face, He was only 65 but...I guess anyone can go at anytime. I look over to my brother and I see his leg shaking while his head rest in his hands, He always did this when he was upset or something. "We found out this morning amor." My dad says as he places his hand on my shoulder, My face started to heat up and I feel the tears coming on but I refused to cry because he made me always promised him if he goes...I'll never cry and I'm going to keep that promise.

I rub my mom's back and I comfort her and moments later she pulls away from the hug and plants a kiss on my forehead and wipes away the tears that had escaped. "It'll be okay Mamá..he's in a better place now." I say to her in a sweet tone. "We'll be going back to Columbia for awhile...So pack your bags We'll be leaving in the morning." She says as she rubs my cheek and my Papá goes and comforts her.

I look at my brother. He never shows that he's upset but I know he is So I did the only thing a little sister can do...try to talk to him. I walk over to him and sit beside of him "Are you okay hermano?" He shakes his head no and I hug him and surprisingly he hugs me back. "Hey I know you and him were close-" I try to tell him before he cuts me off. "You and him were also close...why aren't you crying?" He asked me so I grabbed up everything inside of me to let it out...but it didn't work. "Well Cristian...I want to so bad" He pulls away from the hug. "Then why won't you?" He asked and when he asked his voice cracked it was funny but now is not the time. "Well Cristian he made me promise not to he always said 'las princesas no lloran' and that's what I'm doing" He looks at me and ruffles my hair. "Ah Cristian what was that for?" I asked but then I realized it wasn't a big deal anyways since I had just woken up. "For being strong..During a rough time like this Te quiero hermana" He walks away and I think to myself 'Did my brother just say I love you...he hasn't said that since I was 5'

I snap out of my thoughts when my dad nudges my shoulder. "Y/n" He said and I hummed in response. "I'll be back I have to go to work" He said and then I just snapped for some reason. "They're always calling you until work can't they just get another guy?" I said and he says something but I wasn't finished. "Tell them that your father in law just passed away" I said with anger in my voice. "Y/n, mija I did..But they still want me to come to work" He said as he opened the door. " This is bullshi-" I was cut off by him. "Language" I nod my head and as soon as he was about to shut the door I asked him a quick and simple question. "Will those idiotas even let you come to Columbia?" I asked him and he shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know mija I have to ask and see but I love you and I'll see you later tonight" He walks out the door and I go change into something decent and I brush my knotted h/l and h/c hair, it was aggravating styling it sometimes, After I'm finished I go downstairs to see how Mamá was doing.

"How are you hanging in mom?" I asked her and she turned around and sat at the kitchen island. "Your tía Carolina and tío Javier won't be able to make it as soon because they're snowed in, And your sister" I drowned her out when she Said sister because Sofía the eldest out of me and Cristian was never around she didn't care about the family to be honest that Is she left. As soon as mamá finished speaking i tune her back in and look at her "Sorry what about 'Miss perfect' Sofía?" Of course I didn't say 'Miss perfect' out loud. "Sofía said her job won't let her take time off" She says as she looks down and I raise my eyebrows in disbelief. "Well uh that's her abuelo, don't you think they'll let her come down?" I say in my argumentative tone but I try to keep my anger under control considering mamá was going through the roughest time of her life right now. "Even if they let her Y/n she's in Canada.. And shes probably snowed in as well." I can tell she wanted Sofía to be there so bad. "I understand Carolina and Javier's problem They're in NYC, But mamá" I take her hand and she looks at me. "Promise you won't stress over this please" she nodded her head in agreement and I smile. "gracias mamí" She smiles and it wasn't as big and bright as usual "De nada mija"

I felt bad for her..imagine if I lost my father but her situation is worst, See abuela passed away when she was 4, so I never knew her but it felt like I did...Abuelo told stories about her to me everyday that I saw him so I just imagined her as his words described her. Long black silky hair, Brown eyes with a hint of Forrest green, freckles along the bridge of her nose and along her cheeks. It felt like I knew her in person, He missed her very much but now he's with her. She Snaps me out of my thoughts with a question. "Mija will you run to the store to get some eggs so I can cook breakfast?" I look at her and I nod my head and she hands me her keys and that right there was a bad mistake, yes I can drive but I'm mostly scared to but to please her I put my shoes on and a jacket and got in the car to go to the market...let's hope I don't die.

OMG FIRST PART IS DONE AND IF YOU WANT ME TO ADD SOMETHING OR IF I MADE A MISTAKE LMK AND PLEASE DONT JUDGE ME I HAVE BEEN UP SINCE 2 AM SO BARE WITH ME LMK IF YOU LIKED IT OR NOT..  I KNOW NOT MANY PEOPLE ARE GOING TO READ THIS BUT OH WELL THE NEXT PART WILL BE OUT SOON