Chapter 48

Its been a few weeks and we all went back to Columbia but Mom decided to stay in New Orleans. We haven't heard nor seen Carlos so that's a good thing to know he didn't follow us and we all swore not to say a word about it because it might make Pepa freak. "Mami can my friend come over?" Valentína asked and I nod my head. "Sure Mija..who's your friend?" I asked her in the middle of feeding Toni. "It's Enzo" She says excitedly and Camilo looks up from what he was doing. "We can take you somewhere to meet up with him." Camilo says and she smiles and whispers to me. "He's a witch" I didn't bother to disagree with her because she's only 5 so it's just her imagination. "He really is Mamá..He can even show you when we see him" Camilo gets on his knees and holds her hands. "Cariño..maybe you're a little to young to be-" "Camilo it's just a little play date, it's not going to hurt anything" I say to him and Bruno comes in. "I've heard about everything" I raise an eyebrow. "That's nice tío but we're having a little discussion with Valentína so come back later." He says putting all his attention back on Valentína. "It's about Carlos" We hear thunder throughout the house. "I'm guessing he's here" Bruno says walking away. "You two stay put." He tells me and Val. "He's not going to hurt us Cam-" "I'm not taking any chances with that!" He says storming off.

Camilos pov
"What do you want" I say to him while Papá is keeping Mamá calm. "Mind taking a walk outside?" I roll my eyes and we both go outside and we start walking towards the mountains. "I know what happened to Robbie...and I came to warn you" He says stopping. "Warn me about what?" He looks around like someone was watching us and then he puts his hand on my shoulder. "The people that Robbie rolled with...They're coming for you, I heard everything so I got on the quickest flight here." I started to worry because of the safety of Y/n and the kids. "What about Y/n and the kids?" I asked him. "I'll make sure no one lays a hand on them..Camilo I care very deeply for Y/n and I won't let her get hurt" He says that and something clicks in my head. "How do I know that you're not lying just to get me away from her?" He rolls his eyes. "Just trust me I would never want to separate you and your family...You're happy with them but if you want to keep your happiness let me do what I need to do." He tells me his plan and I keep disagreeing with it because I'm not about to fake my death and leave my family. "Look Camilo, I told them I would take care of you... and they are coming here to make sure it's done so just tell Y/n what needs to be done but not the death part, then let me "Kill" you, show them and you lay low for awhile." He tells me and I shake my head. "I'm not leaving my family Carlos forget it" I say while walking away and then he says something. "Fine just let them kill you forreal and you'll have no choice but to leave your family!" I couldn't believe I was doing this. "What's going to happen to her and the kids...? Hm?" "They'll be safe and she'll still have her husband and your kids will still have their dad in the end." He assures me their safety. "Fine..." I say finally agreeing and we start walking back. "So Mamá wasn't quite happy to see me." He says and I look at him. "Yeah well you have been gone for 8 years after she specifically didn't want you back...neither did we" I tell him and he shrugs his shoulders. "I wouldn't say that...Isabela looked happy to see me, everyone did besides you, Tío Bruno, Mamá and Papá and Dolores and Toñito doesn't even know me." "Don't call Antonio that...only people that are close to him can." I said walking ahead of him and we get back to Casita and I go inside to find Y/n.

"Y/n!" "She's in your room" Isabela says and I run up there. "Y/n..
Cariño, we need to have a little chat" I say to her and she sits up in the bed straight and I sit down with her and I tell her everything. "....What!? No you can't do that" She says. "I have to...they want me and if I didn't agree they were going to hurt the family one by one...starting with you" I saying to touch her hand but she pulls it away. "Baby I'm sorry but since I did it...I need to replace him" "You don't need to.." I nod my head. "Yes I do" I kiss her forehead and I stand up and go to walk off but she grabs my hand begging me not to go and as much as I hated it, I stood up and walked away from the love of my life. I go back outside and I see Carlos sitting on the steps. "She really didn't want you to go did she?" I shake my head no and we head back to the hills. "Okay so they're just right up there so I have to make it believable." He says punching my in the face and stomach a few times. "Ow! Que pasa contigo!?" I say wiping the blood away. "Shh..we have to make it look like I put you through hell and back, now come on." He says and I go limp a little to make it believable. "Here you go fellas..Camilo Madrigal just like I promised, the killer of Robbie." He says and I roll my eyes. "So..You just beat him up a few times and you think this is how he's going to repay us!? No! A life for a life." One of the guys say and I'm starting to worry. "Don't worry I got this" Carlos says standing me up straight and I look him in the eyes and he mouths "This will only hurt a bit"  "I'm sorry brother" He says before stabbing me straight in the stomach and I look down slowly and I see that I have not long left. "Okay! You seen what you wanted now leave while I take care of his body" Carlos screams at them and they run off and Carlos pulls out an Arepa. "Here..eat this quickly" I take a bite of it and I feel my life slowly coming back. "Now...I have to go apologies to Y/n...and say you didn't make it and they hurt you the second they saw you" "What? No! That wasn't-" I go to say. "Hermano...They saw that you died..Now we have to make it believable." 

Carlos' pov                                                       I take Camilo to this little safe house and I go to Casita and knock on the door and Pepa answers it. "Yes..?" She says in a confused tone. "I need to talk to everyone even if they don't like me it's important" She lets me in and everyone gathers in the kitchen including Y/n and she looks like she's been crying a lot and I was about to make her cry even more. "So um..Camilo he made this kinda of deal with these guys, but apparently the guys wanted more than what they said-" "Get to the point Hermano" Dolores says. "They guys wanted more than Camilo to take the place of their fallen...'Brother' They wanted a life for a life...I'm sorry everyone, Camilo is dead" 

1287 words. 

It was my birthday yesterday!!! and also I'm sorry this took so long I've been well distracted and also I feel better physically just still not mentally yet but it'll be fine. I decided to leave you all on a somewhat cliffhanger so Yw for that. I hope everyone had a good Day or night which ever and I hope you all ate today and got plenty of sleep I love you all!!!