𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚂𝚒𝚡: "𝙸'𝚍 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚛."

______________________________

"In truth there's my light,In truth there's my fire

In truth there's my fire."

A Burning Rite - How Great Were the Robins

______________________________

XXXVI.
\\ ALPHA FEMALE //

The next morning, I sat in Mr. Jefferies class, yawning tiredly as the class filed in and took their seats. Rhydian sat beside me, and Maddy was at the table across from us. As I sat there, I felt incredibly tired, barely able to keep my eyes open. I honestly felt as tired as I would feel on no moon days.

Rhydian had his arms resting on the table, and I looped my arms around the one closest to me and then laid my head down on his arm, closing my eyes sleepily.

Rhydian chuckled as he looked over at me, "Tired?"

I nodded my head against his arm, "Mmhm..."

Again, he chuckled, pressing a soft kiss to the top of my head, which made me smile.

I felt so tired because I had been up most of the night last night between trying to work things out with my parents and then everything that went down at the Mottled Poppy.

Long story short, I ended up talking with Emma and Daniel, expressing how I felt about how they handled throwing Rhydian out. They listened as I told them that I was upset that they hid it from me and went behind my back, and I hoped in the future that next time they decided to do something that involved me, that they would talk to me first. They listened to me, and they admitted that they were wrong to go behind my back. Both of them apologized and agreed to never do anything like that again. It felt like a weight lifted off my shoulders that we worked things out. I didn't like being in an argument with my parents...and at the end of the day, I loved them too much to ever be able to stay mad at them.

However, once that problem was taken care of, another one arose.

I managed to get Maddy to calm down enough to explain everything that happened when they left. Apparently Maddy found out that Shannon had installed a secret camera in our den, in the owl decoration she had made for us. She had recorded us turning, collecting photos and videos of us as Wolfbloods. Shannon tried to say she was collecting it just in case the world found out about us and tried to make us out to be monsters.

Maddy apologized for yelling at me back at Jana's caravan, saying she had been overwhelmed with everything that had happened and took it out on me.