𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎: "𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚊𝚌𝚔."

________________________________

"We never got it right,We never got it wrong

We never got it wrong."

Keep You Warm - Jaguar Sun

________________________________

XXXIX.
\\ CLOSE CALL //

Jana growled as she looked back at us, "What's your problem?"

"You!" Maddy exasperated.

Jana immediately frowned, "What?"

"Shannon's gone and nicked our cameras." Rhydian told her.

I leaned against the wall, crossing my arms over my chest and sighed. This whole mess was starting to give me a stress headache.

"Uh, why?" She asked in annoyance.

"Uhh, for payback." Maddy replied in a 'duh' tone, "She thinks Rhydian, Aden, and I took it!"

"Took what?" Jana frowned.

"The laptop!" The three of us answered at the same time.

"Well, didn't you?" Jana looked at us.

I looked up, my eyebrows furrowing. Not the reaction I had been expecting.

Rhydian frowned, "What?"

"I thought you took it." Jana said.

"Of course we didn't take it, you took it!" Maddy exasperated.

But Jana shook her head, "No, I didn't."

I frowned as Jana sighed in frustration and sat down on the couch in the corner of the room. None of this made any sense. Why would Shannon steal the cameras if her laptop hadn't been stolen? Was she just angry about Jana trying to get it earlier and wanted to some how prove a point?

Either way, until Tom came back with Shannon, I had no answers for what was going on.

While we waited, Jana got up and started sniffing around the camera shelf. I didn't even bother telling her that we had already tried that because I was sure it was better for her to concentrate on that than getting herself worked up again about the laptop situation.

"I didn't take any cameras!"

I picked my head up at Shannon's voice, seeing her charging into the dark room, Tom following behind her, closing the door behind him.