𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 - "𝙸 𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞."

🎉 SUPRISEEEE! 🎉
Two updates in one day for my lovely readers!
Hope you all enjoy! 😊❤️

________________________________

"And I saw the peaks on my ownthat you probably meant for us

that you probably meant for us.
And I tore the fear from my bones
that you probably never lost."

Alps - Novo Amor

________________________________

XIX.
\\ YOU CAN BE BOTH //

When Aden got home a few hours later, she told Maddy and her parents everything that had happened. Emma and Daniel weren't too thrilled that Aden had skipped the second half of school, but when she told them about Rhydian's mum, they were more focused on that. They seemed as surprised as Aden was when she found out that it was his mum, which was understandable. And they all knew that what would happen next was just a waiting game.

As Aden got ready for bed that night, she couldn't stop thinking about Rhydian being out there with his mum and wondering if he was okay. Both Maddy and her were lingering in Aden's room. Maddy was sat on her bed, trying to take her mind off things by reading through her assigned book for English while Aden sat on the windowsill, hugging her knees into her chest and staring out the window at the stars and the crescent moon as she thought about Rhydian.

Aden was definitely worried, not wanting him to get hurt or disappointed if his mum returning doesn't turn out to be what he hoped for...but Aden also wished with everything in her that things did work out. She wanted Rhydian to have a family, she wanted him to feel like he was wanted...even if that meant him going back with her, as much as that thought hurt.

Aden sat in these thoughts until there was a knocking at her door. Looking away from the window, she saw Emma standing in the doorway, glancing over at her and Maddy, seeing the two of them sitting in the quiet, their minds full with worries and wonderings.

"He'll be alright, you know." Emma told them.

"What if there's a whole other pack out there?" Maddy said worriedly, "What if they turn on him?"

She shook her head, dispelling the thought, "His mom wouldn't allow that to happen."

"What if they make him like them?" Maddy continued, "And he starts to hate us?"

"Look, as mixed up as Rhydian is, he's smart." Emma assured, "He'll make the right decision."

But it wasn't Rhydian's decisions Aden was worried about. She trusted in the end, Rhydian would do what was right for himself. But if he decided that was out in the wild, it was the decisions of the wild Wolfbloods that she didn't trust. They weren't as forgiving or accepting. That was what worried her.