𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 - "𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞."

_______________________________

"Who will carry you?Who will be the one to?"

Who will be the one to?"

Who Will Carry You? - Adam Jones, K.S. Rhoads
________________________________

XIII.
\\ CALL OF THE WILD //

I was worried.

Anxiety had been eating away at me ever since I first noticed Maddy's weird behavior the past couple days since her first full moon. She was acting completely different, more wolf-like than human. Impulsive...almost wild, even.

I mean, just yesterday she got up on stage for the school talent show auditions and pulled a full out brake dance in front of the whole class. Then, she was going on about how she was going to the K's party the next day. And this morning, I was sitting across the dining room table from Maddy, who had on make-up and dyed pink and green highlights in her hair.

I felt completely awkward walking into school beside her, as everyone immediately began to stare as we made our way down the hallway.

The reactions were even more so when we actually got in the classroom.

"Who's the new-" One of the K's started but then quickly realized, "Maddy?"

Tom followed unable to believe his eyes either, "Mads?"

I quietly sat down beside Rhydian, who looked at Maddy in surprise as well, as she sat down in a desk in the middle of the room. His eyes drifted over to me and he raised an eyebrow, his voice appearing in my mind.

What's this about?

I quietly sighed to myself as I looked back at him and shrugged.

I wish I knew.

"Maddy," Mr. Jeffries chuckled, "Who dressed you this morning? Lady GaGa?"

"Who dressed you this morning, sir?" She retorted, "Your grandma?"

My eyes widened as the class started laughing and Mr. Jeffries looked up at Maddy, completely baffled and taken back. But that look quickly turned to one of anger.

"Well, I don't know why you're still sitting there." He looked at Maddy sternly, "Get out."

She huffed in response, grabbing her bag off her desk and storming out of the room, everyone watching in either disbelief or amusement. Me...I could feel my heart beating fast inside my chest as I watched this version of Maddy I didn't recognize walk out of the room.

"Now, let's begin." Jeffries said as soon as everything calmed back down, "Your assignment is pages 12-14 in the workbook. Work with your partner at your desks."

The classroom then became a buzz of everyone talking as they began working on the assignment

"Well that was certainly interesting," Rhydian said as soon as everyone around us started talking.