𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛 - "𝚈𝚘𝚞'𝚟𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚎."

________________________________

"Trying my best, nobody showed me which way to go, I didn't know

"Trying my best,
nobody showed me which way to go,
I didn't know."

Alcatraz - Oliver Riot

_______________________________

IV.
\\ THE MOORS MONSTER //

For once, Aden wasn't actually dreading going to school the next day. With all the excitement of Rhydian, she had been in a good mood since their talk in the woods the day before. She was excited to see him and learn more about him. There was so much she wanted to know. His past, different yet similar to her own, was something she felt connected to him with.

However, despite her feeling that today was going to be a good day, Maddy and Aden did manage to miss the bus that morning so Maddy's mom had to drive them.

Still, Aden had a positive hope for the day as they pulled into the school and Emma parked the car so Maddy and her could get out.

"Thanks for driving us, Mum." Maddy said as they started getting out.

She gave them a look, slightly rolling her eyes, "Yeah, next time you two miss the bus you can walk to school."

"If we ran, we'd get here before the bus." Aden reminded her with a smirk.

Aden knew Emma rolled her eyes again as she opened the door and started getting out of the car just as Maddy started getting out as well. But before the two could walk away, Emma spoke up before Maddy closed the passenger side door.

"Don't forget to invite Rhydian around for dinner." Emma reminded Aden, "We need to talk to him...about transforming safely."

Aden inwardly groaned. They'd been on her since the night before about inviting him over so they could meet him and talk with him about being a responsible Wolfblood. Which, Aden was all for. What she wasn't looking forward to is them acting embarrassing around him and possibly scaring him off.

But Aden nodded to appease her, "Just let Madds and I talk to him first."

But Emma recognized her attempt to downplay the situation and shook her head, "No Aden, you need to invite him around."

Aden sighed, hoping that she'd be able to get Emma to drop it, which would give her time to ease him into meeting her foster parents. But deep down, Aden knew she and Daniel weren't going to let it go.

"Just promise nothing embarrassing."

"Of course not!" She looked at them like the idea was absurd, "I'm not entirely without tact."

Maddy and Aden gave each other a knowing look but decided to just go and head into school. Maddy closed the door behind them and they both started walking to the entrance to school so they could get to their first class on time.