𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎: "𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚏𝚊𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚢."

______________________________

"Is anybody out there?Tell me it'll all be alright

Tell me it'll all be alright."

Carry You - Fleurie & Ruelle

______________________________

XXXV.
\\ SECRETS & LIES //

"Let's go, we're going to be late!"

Emma's voice echoed through the house while I rested my head on my knees, I hugged them into my chest as I sat on the couch in the living room, staring at the front door, my mind swirling with thoughts of everything that happened yesterday.

Waking up this morning felt weird without seeing Rhydian in the halls or joining us for breakfast. Everything happened so fast last night, one moment he was here and the next he was being escorted away by social services to the Vaughn's.

Emma and Daniel then walked through the room, their coats on and ready to go as they headed towards the door. They had planned a day for us in Blackpool with Tom and Shannon, in what seemed like an attempt to soften the blow of Rhydian being gone.

"Aden, let's go." Emma told me, "Maddy, Shannon, and Tom are already in the car."

I picked my head up from my knees, but I didn't move any further than that.

"I'm not going," I told them, "I'm staying here."

This caused Emma and Daniel to stop in the doorway, turning back to look at me and seeing the defiance in my eyes.

"I know you're mad at us," Daniel sighed, "But we think this outing will do some good."

Letting go of my knees, I stood up from the couch, feeling angry that they were still pretending like there was nothing wrong.

"No, because I know the truth. I'm familiar with the foster care system, remember?" I reminded them, "So I know that it was you who called to have Rhydian placed back with the Vaughn's."

Emma and Daniel's face fell a little, as if they weren't expecting me to notice. But I had been up all night thinking about the whole thing...and I knew that social services wouldn't have just randomly decided to turn Rhydian over back to the Vaughn's, especially after Emma and Daniel went through the trouble going through the Wolfblood connect to get Rhydian to stay here. That meant that they had to have called social services and requested he be transferred.

Emma looked at me, "Aden, I know you're upset that Rhydian had to leave but—"

"That's not the problem," I said lowly, "The problem is the fact that neither of you talked to me about it. You just went ahead with it and then kept it from me until it was time for him to go. Then you lied to me last night saying it was social services' decision."