Chapter Eight - "You're not alone."

_______________________________

"I just wanted you to see,everything that I could see

everything that I could see.
Walking in the night sky,
I'm always on your side.
You are really saving me."

Chateau - Angus & Julia Stone

_______________________________

VIII.
\\ PACK MENTALITY //

Free period had come around, and Maddy, Rhydian and Aden recruited Tom and Shannon into helping them try to figure out who was the real culprit behind the destruction of all the students artwork. They all managed to make their way into the auditorium without Jefferies or any other of the teachers seeing them, and once they were inside, they began searching for clues amongst the debris.

"Alright..." Tom spoke up, "Now, what exactly are we looking for?"

"Whoever did this, had to have had a reason." Aden replied as she looked, "Find the motive, find the person who did this."

"If all the best paintings were damaged, the vandal was jealous." Shan added, "And if one person's work has been picked on, then the vandal had a grudge against them."

"Tom..." Shan looked back at him, "Who have you fallen out with recently?"

Frowning, Aden looked over her shoulder and saw that Tom's display board was most definitely the target of the vandal's rage. The pictures were slashed all to pieces and the poster board was smashed.

Tom looked at it with his lips parted, but he had no answer, which only made Aden wonder even more who could have done it.

The day went on, and by fourth period, they still had no answers as to who the culprit behind the vandalism of the art projects was. Maddy, Shan, Tom, Rhydian and Aden were in their computer science class, working on their assignments even though the lot of them were having a hard time focusing.

Out of the corner of her eye, Aden saw Rhydian glancing over at Tom, and a frown pulled on the corner of his lips.

Her eyebrows furrowed as she leaned over and whispered to him, "What's wrong?"

Rhydian looked back at her, whispering back slowly, "Something's up with Tom."

"What do you mean?" Aden frowned.

"Every time you mention this weekend, he gets all tense, and his heart starts beating really fast." He pointed out.

For a moment, Aden wondered what Rhydian was telling her...but then she thought about it and started piecing it together, getting her answer.