𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 - "𝙸 𝚊𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚔𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚖𝚢 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚎𝚜."

________________________________

"I was young so I forgot,which was my place and which was not

which was my place and which was not."

Back To You - Twin Forks

_______________________________

XIV.
\\ PARTY ANIMAL //

After our last class of the day, Rhydian walked home with me through the woods. We thought maybe we'd run into Maddy at some point, but we never did...and I would be lying if I said I was disappointed. I wasn't ready to face her again just yet.

When it came time to part ways, Rhydian and I planned on meeting back in the woods and walking to the party together around the tune it was supposed to start.

So, we said our 'see you laters' and I headed on the path towards home. As I walked there, I started thinking about what I would wear...it was kinda weird, as I have never really been the girl who cared about what other people thought of me. In the back of my head, I knew that I wasn't worrying about looking good for the people at the party...it was just one person. A person that I was starting to care more and more about the more time I spent with him.

My thoughts drifted in and out until I finally got home, when the sound of arguing snapped me out them.

Frowning, I opened the door to see Maddy, Emma, and Daniel in the kitchen, obviously in the middle of some sort of argument...I just didn't know for sure what it was about.

I did, however, have a pretty good idea of what it was about.

"If you think you're going to that party after the phone call we just had from Mr. Jeffries," Maddy's mom said sternly, "You're severely mistaken, young lady."

"You don't understand," Maddy argued, "I'm the reason everyone's going to the Village Hall."

Awkwardly, I set my bag on the floor and walked into the living room, sitting down on the couch as I took my boots off. They continued in the kitchen, and I wasn't even sure if they had noticed I had come in.

"Well, they're going to be sorely disappointed when you're not there then, aren't they?" Daniel told her, "Now do what your mother says."

"No!" Maddy yelled back and started growling.

"Oh no you don't!" Emma growled back, "Get to your room!"

"You're such boring old dogs!" Maddy spat as she pushed past them and stormed to her room.

"Maddy!" Her father yelled but she had already slammed the door.

I bit my lip as I tucked my legs into my chest. This was even getting so bad that it was tearing the only thing that felt like family to me apart and I had no idea how to stop it.