𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎 - "𝚆𝚎'𝚛𝚎 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜."

_______________________________

"Oh we move so slowly in the nightthinking everything will be alright for once

thinking everything will be alright for once.
And the sun is keeping me within reach of it all
thinking everything will be alright for once."

Resilience - Francis Moon

_______________________________

(A/N: Aden's flashbacks will be written in italics)

III.
\\ A LONE WOLF //

☽ ☽ ☽

Two Years Ago

After about a month after Aden was found on the Moors, Emma and Daniel insisted that she start going to school once she was healed. They told her that they wouldn't be sending her if they hadn't thought she wasn't ready.

They also told Maddy to help her when she needed help. If she didn't understand something or felt like she was lost in what was going on around her.

She was really nervous as Maddy and her walked towards the school for the first time. Aden had never been to school before, and her pack had always taught her that being in the human world and pretending to be one of them was the biggest kind of disgrace to their kind. How was she supposed to fit in when she didn't?

"You're going to be fine," Maddy suddenly said from beside her, sensing her hesitance, "I promise."

Aden nodded wearily, trying to believe that, but she was still worried. She could feel herself right on the edge of being human and wanting to give into her wolf self and run away. Luckily, she had not started transforming yet, but if she couldn't maintain control, her eyes, her veins, claws, teeth...all of it could come out at any time.

"Maddy, hey!"

A voice pulled Aden out of her thoughts when she saw a fair-skinned girl with red hair and a tall, dark complexion boy walked towards Maddy and her with smiles on their faces. Aden shrunk back a little, not knowing who they were.

But the red haired girl caught Aden's eye and gestured towards her, "Who's this?"

Maddy looked back at her to answer but when she saw the look on Aden's face, she turned back to the two.

"Oh, um, this is Aden," She told them, "She's the girl my mom and dad are fostering. She'll be staying with us for a while."