𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎: "𝙿𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝...𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚢."

_________________________________

"With every heartbeat I have leftI will defend your every breathAnd I'll do better

I will defend your every breath
And I'll do better."

Light - Sleeping At Last

_________________________________

XXV.
\\ RETURN //

One month later...

Last night, as my family and I locked up in the den, I thought that it would be just like any other normal full moon. That we'd shift, spend the night hours together as our wolves, and wake up in the morning, where Maddy and I would head to school.

I didn't expect for it to be anything other than a typical full moon.

That was not at all what happened.

The whole thing was kind of hazy for a while. As I slowly gained my human awareness back, I vaguely remembered what happened while I was a wolf. Fuzzy images of the cellar doors opening from the outside, a wolf jumping inside, followed by Tom and Shannon.

The last thing I remembered was growling at the cellar door, hearing wolves outside clawing and growling as they tried to get in.

When I started coming to the next morning, I felt my heart leap inside my chest instantly. I remembered only bits and pieces of last night, but only one thing mattered.

The wolf...it was Rhydian.

My eyes flickered open and I blinked a few times, letting my eyes adjust as I looked around the room. Emma, Daniel, and Maddy were still asleep, and Tom and Shan were sitting in the corner, looking like they were reading a few of the Wolfblood books Daniel kept on one of the shelves down here.

And then, across the room, there he was, standing there.

"Rhydian?" My lips parted as I stood up onto my feet.

He looked at me, nodding wearily, as if he was unsure of how I was going to react to him being back.

I looked at him for a moment, his hair was so much longer and his blonde locks were a bit tangled as they fell to his shoulders. But his eyes were what made my heart flutter in my chest...those eyes I never thought I would see again.

Unable to bear it a moment longer, I rushed forward and wrapped my arms around him tightly. In that moment, nothing mattered more to me then the fact that that he was here. Rhydian stiffened at first, a little taken back, maybe expecting a different reaction...but after a few moments, his muscles relaxed and he returned my embrace. I only felt happiness and relief that he was back.