𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 - "𝚆𝚘𝚕𝚏𝚋𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚍𝚜 𝚘𝚗𝚎, 𝚑𝚞𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚗𝚎."

________________________________

"Look to the moon, I wait for luna's call,down in the dark

"Look to the moon,
I wait for luna's call,
down in the dark."

The Moon Song - Alden and Dashwood
_______________________________

XV.
\\ PHASING //

No moon days.

They were probably the worst part of being Wolfblood. Once a month, when the moon was at it's darkest and lowest energy point, it affected all Wolfbloods. We feel drained, sick, almost as if a part of ourselves is shut down completely.

I, of course, had gone through a whole years worth of no moon days by now. They don't ever really get better, but the more you experience, the better prepared you are getting through the day.

Unfortunately, this was Maddy's first no moon day, and by the looks of it as we walked up to the school, she was having a rough go at it. I felt like complete shit too, but Maddy had never experienced this before so it was definitely worse for her. Both of us were dragging our feet, feeling exhausted and drained. Thanks to the lack of moon, all traces of our wolf selves had vanished and was replaced with the urge to sleep the whole day away.

I sighed, rubbing my eyes tiredly, "How is it that I drank three cups of coffee this morning and still feel this way? On regular mornings, just one is enough to make me hyperactive."

Maddy sighed, "Is it always like this?"

"Yes," I looked at her sympathetically, "And unfortunately, it doesn't get any better."

Maddy groaned, "Great."

All we wanted to do was sleep, which was the biggest side affect of the no moon. However, we couldn't afford to miss school, as Emma pointed out this morning, since someone could notice that once every month when the moon is like this, we don't show up to school.

As we made our way up to the entrance of the school, Tom and Shannon appeared from the other end of the courtyard and waved at us.

"Hey Mads," Tom said, "Hey Ade."

"Hey guys." Maddy replied back.

I however, let out a yawn in response, unable to fight off how tired I felt. Bloody moon days.

"What's wrong with you?" Shannon asked me.

"Oh, nothing." I waved it off, "I just didn't get a lot of sleep last night. I couldn't sleep."

We made our way towards the entrance of the school when I looked over and saw Rhydian sitting on the concrete wall, which surprised me. I had fully expected him to ditch school today since he no doubt felt the same way as Maddy and I.