𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚂𝚒𝚡: "𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚢 𝚠𝚑𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚛𝚎."

______________________________

"And the world had me bound, hanging under a cloud,But with you, my heart's a mile off the ground

hanging under a cloud,
But with you, my heart's a mile off the ground."

Love You Like I Do - Vancouver Sleep Clinic

______________________________

XLVI.
\\ AN ALPHA'S HEART //

Once we returned to the school, the police were waiting in Jefferies office to speak with us about what happened with Alric at the school. Alric had made quite the scene before Rhydian and I led him away, so we had expected for there to be a lot of questions needing to be answered. So on the way back to school, we'd already come up with an explanation for all of this in the car ride back to the school.

As soon as we got back to school, Kai waited in the car while Rhydian, my parents, and I were brought to Jefferies office where the police were waiting for us with questions about what had happened.

"He was Jana's dad," Rhydian explained.

Mr. Jefferies looked over to the police to clarify to them, "She's a former pupil, a traveler family."

The police nodded at the clarifying information.

"He blamed me." Rhydian said.

"He blamed you?" Jefferies frowned, "For what?"

Rhydian replied, "For Jana leaving."

"But we sorted all that now," Daniel said, "And he's well on his way back to...Wales."

I nodded in agreement and by the look on the police and Jefferies faces, they seemed to be content with what we had told them.

The police looked to Jefferies, "Give me a call if you get any more trouble."

"Thank you," Jefferies shook his hand, "Will do."

The police nodded and then they left the room. Thankfully, they bought all of that relatively easily and we didn't have to go through the hassle of going to the police station and being interrogated.

As soon as they were gone, Dan looked over to Jefferies.

"Can I just say, getting involved like that...very brave." Daniel praised him.

"No, no, no," Jefferies smiled, "It's, uh, perks of the job."

I smirked a little, amused at how happy Jefferies looked to get some praise. I mean, he did kinda deserve it for going up against a wild Wolfblood, even if he didn't know that.

Emma then looked to me "Right well, we'll pick you up later."

I nodded as my parents left to head home, leaving Rhydian and I with Jefferies. Just then, the bell had rung, signaling for us that we had about twenty minutes of a free period before our next class. We definitely needed to go find Maddy, Tom, and Shan to let them know what happened and that we were alright.