𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚃𝚠𝚘: "𝚆𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍 𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑 𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗."

________________________________

"So show me what to doTo restart this heart of mine

To restart this heart of mine.
How do I forgive myself
For losing so much time?"

Nine - Sleeping At Last

________________________________

XLII.
\\ RESURRECTED //

My world had been completely shaken.

Everything I had once known to be true was immediately shattered in the moment my eyes met my brother's.

My brother who had been dead.

My brother who was standing in front of me right now, very much alive and breathing.

I couldn't think properly, I couldn't speak, I could barely breathe.

Everything was blurred around me, and the next thing I knew, I was in my brother's arms.

He was pulling me close and I was hugging him back, but I was stiff, still in shock that Kai was here, holding onto me.

"I..." Kai breathed out, "I can't believe it's really you."

I wanted to speak, I wanted to tell him so many things. But my heart was beating so loud in my chest and I was struggling to get air into my lungs. Tears stung the brims of my eyes as I tried to find a way to breathe properly again.

And Rhydian must have sensed that I was on the verge of a panic attack, because he spoke up quietly, "Aden, why don't we go back to your house? It's probably best we sort this out there."

And since I couldn't even speak, I just nodded, stepping away from my brother's embrace. Looking up at him, seeing his own eyes watery as they looked back at mine, it was almost unbearable.

I cleared my throat, "Follow us?"

Kai nodded immediately, and with my mind racing, somehow my feet started carrying me home, with Rhydian leading the way and Kai following behind us.

The whole way there my mind swarmed with unbelievable thoughts and my heart thumped hard against the walls of my chest. I had to keep the tears in because I wanted to cry from being so overwhelmed.

When we reached my house, I stopped at the end of the driveway, and looked up at my house. My parents and Maddy would be inside...and I had a lot of explaining to do. Explaining about something I didn't even fully understand myself.