𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 - "𝙸'𝚖 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞, 𝚊𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜."

________________________________

"It's like we're losing our sense of home,just disappear,just disappear

just disappear,
just disappear."

Sense of Home - Harrison Storm

_______________________________

XVIII.
\\ FAMILY TIES //

Two Weeks Later...

"Wahoooo!"

Shannon's laugh echoed through the woods as Tom, Rhydian, Maddy and I watched her in amusement. We'd been on our way to Bernies before school, when we came across this rope swing in the woods and we all decided to stop for a few minutes and have some fun. Each of us took turns grabbing on and swinging out. Currently, Shannon was up and we watched as she kicked her feet up and let the rope carry her

"Alright, my turn," Tom stepped up.

Shannon stepped back and Tom crossed his legs around the rope. He pretended to spit on his hands, rubbing them together and causing us all to laugh. He then grabbed on and let his feet up, swinging up and away.

But before the rope brought him back, something happened and Tom suddenly fell to the ground, landing in the dirt and leaves. My eyes widened as we all rushed forward, carefully making our way down the small hill.

"Tom, are you alright?" I asked him in concern.

He gripped his hand over the middle of his leg, wincing in pain.

"Aw, my knee." He grimaced.

"Stay there," Rhydian told him, "Don't move it."

But Tom stood up anyways, looking off in the distance with a frown, "Someone's there. Someone is spying on us."

Tom walked forwards and we followed behind him as he stopped, looking around what I assumed to be the area where he saw someone. Frowning, Shannon crouched down to the ground, running her fingers over an area of dirt that had been disturbed, picking up a small, broken twig.

"This is where he was standing," Shannon nodded, throwing the twig back on the ground.

"So, he was spying on us." Tom concluded.

"How am I supposed to tell from a few broken twigs?" She looked up at him before standing up, "Come on, let's get out of here."

The two of them started walking, but Rhydian, Maddy and I held back for a few moments, sniffing the air and catching a familiar scent.

I frowned a little, feeling like the scent smelled a little like Rhydian but chalked it up to be that I was getting hints of his scent because he was standing next to me.