𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎: "𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝'𝚜 𝚏𝚊𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚢."

_______________________________

"I have made mistakes, I continue to make them

The promises I've made, I continue to break them.
And all the doubts I've faced, I continue to face them."

I Have Made Mistakes - The Oh Hellos

_______________________________

XXIII.
\\ FAMILY REUNION //

A few days later....

So, Maddy and I were basically grounded for life. Which, was a better outcome than I could imagine after our little full moon adventure. I honestly was expecting much worse than that.

Tom and Shannon told us all about their adventure the day after, filling in the holes of the things we didn't know about that night. They told us how a hunter named Kyle approached them at Bernie's, asking for Shannon's help in locating "the beast", giving her the impression that he just wanted to find evidence of it.

However, just getting "evidence" turned into him tranquilizing us, locking us up in a cage, and almost driving away for us to be used to jumpstart his career and then dumped into a zoo. If it wasn't for Tom and Shannon rescuing us and letting us go, our secret would have been revealed to the entire world for sure.

So, Maddy had the idea that we should do something to thank them for what they did. Discreetly, of course. Agreeing on an idea, Maddy, Rhydian and I all worked together on it for a week and then Monday morning, we texted Shannon telling her and Tom to get to the dark room as soon as possible for an "emergency".

Tom and Shannon burst through the door, breathing heavily as if they'd both ran the whole way there. I glanced at Rhydian and Maddy, thinking that maybe saying it was an emergency wasn't the best way to get them here. Effective, but probably not necessary.

Shannon looked at us hastily, "What's the emergency?"

"We sorta lied about the emergency," Rhydian admitted.

Both her and Tom looked at us in confusion, obviously curious as to why we lied.

"Actually," I told them, "We've got something for you."

Maddy nodded excitedly, "On behalf of the wolves you so bravely protected, we'd like to present you with these."

Maddy and Rhydian took the drawings from behind their backs and handed them to Tom and Shannon. Right away, we could see the looks of wonder in their eyes.

"Whoa," Tom said in awe.

Shannon's lips parted, "They're amazing."

I smiled at their reactions, happy that we could at least make them appreciated in some way for what they did to help us. Even if they couldn't know it.