𝘽𝙤𝙣𝙪𝙨 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 - "𝙰𝚖 𝙸 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚋𝚕𝚎?"

________________________________

Here's a little bonus chapter before the
start of season 2 😊

________________________________

FOUR MONTHS LATER...

The air was cold and brisk as winter slowly creeped over Stoneybridge. From the bench in front of my window sill, I stared out of the frosted up window my gaze falling over the snow dusted the ground and the tops of the trees as it slowly fell from the sky.

A light smile played on my lips as I marveled at the way everything was lightly blanketed in white. I always loved a good snowfall, especially as a kid. When I was little, whenever it snowed, Akaien and I would sneak away from our father and the rest of the pack, and we'd go off to this clearing where we had a lot of place to run around and play in the snow. We'd laugh as we throw snow at each other, throw rocks at the ice frozen over a nearby creek, draw pictures in the snow. Snow days were always the most fun days she had with my brother.

Looking out my window now, I thought about these memories. I missed my brother so much...but I was thankful that I had those moments with him. And I would never forget them as long as I lived. A sad smile pulled at the corner of my lips, hugging my jacket closer to my body and continuing to watch the snow fall.

"Aden! Can you come down here please?"

The sound of Emma calling for me echoed through the house from downstairs, pulling me out of the depths of my thoughts and wanderings.

Looking away from the window, I called back to her, "Coming!"

I glanced for one more moment out the window, before standing up, and making my way out of my room. The wood staircase creaked under my feet as I made my way down, seeing Emma, Daniel, and Maddy all gathered in the living room. Maddy was sitting on one of the couches, while Emma and Daniel stood in front of the fire place.

"Sit down," Emma told me, "We want to talk to you about something."

I stiffened a little, looking around the room at them. Emma and Daniel didn't usually call family meetings like this.

"Am I in trouble?" I asked wearily.

The past months had been quiet. Rhydian was still gone...and I could only hope that he was happy out there with his family. And Tom and Shan were still out friends, and we knew we could trust them not to reveal our secret.

"No, nothing like that." Daniel assured me with a smile, "Please, sit."

Glancing between them for a few moments more, my eyebrows furrowed curiously as I walked over to the sofa and sat down across from them and from where Maddy was sitting.