𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢: "𝙸'𝚖 𝚍𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚢𝚘𝚞."

_______________________________

"Your arguments are insane,fighting over the way something was said

fighting over the way something
was said."

No Care - Daughter
_______________________________

XL.
\\ DISCO DATE //

A week had past...one that had been relatively quiet and uneventful. The whole week we had been dreading the dark moon that happened to be on Friday night when the K's Disco was. Not to mention that the day after the dance was a mandatory camping trip that Jefferies had set up for our class that none of us were really looking forward to.

And while my mind should have been focused on the dark moon, the dance, and the camping trip...there was something else that had held my mind all week. There was something that I had been keeping in, trying to figure out what to do with. It was all I could think about...and it had gotten to the point where I knew I couldn't keep it in much longer.

Now it was Thursday night and my mind was still buzzing, and all I really wanted to do was talk to Maddy about what had been going on in my head all week.

So, when the night was winding down and before I got myself ready for bed, I knocked on Maddy's doorway and walked in, seeing her sitting at her desk.

"Hey," I said as I entered.

She didn't look up from what she was working on, but replied happily, "Hey."

As she kept focused, I sat down on her bed, watching her curiously, "Whatcha doin'?"

"Making a scrapbook for Shannon to cheer her up." Maddy replied, "I wanna get it done so I can give it to her tomorrow."

I didn't say anything, recalling how Shannon had been in a depressed mood all week since we made her delete her research. I could tell that it made Maddy upset, not liking seeing her upset.

For me, I knew I should try to be more understanding...but I just kept getting annoyed because of how much she was making a big deal of the research. She cared about it so much even after it was gone that she was pushing all of us away, and it made me question how much she actually valued our friendship or if she valued the wolves in us more.

"You okay?" Maddy frowned as she looked back at me, "You're being very fidgety."

Picking my head up, I hadn't even realized I had been shifting all around Maddy's bed, messing with her pillows and blanket until she'd pointed it out. I guess my nervousness was coming through.