𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 - "𝙸 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙸'𝚍 𝚍𝚘 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞."

*A/N: flashbacks are in italics*
_______________________________

*A/N: flashbacks are in italics*_______________________________

"We are
the sum of our parts."

Give Up the Ghost - Rosi Golan

_______________________________

XX.
\\ EOLAS //

The Next Day...

"I really don't think this is a good idea."

Shuffling her weight, the leaves crackled under Aden's feet as she crossed her arms over her chest, pulling her jacket close to her body. Maddy and Rhydian both knelt down on the ground across from each other a few feet away from her. The three of them stood along the bank of the creek, where the woods were quiet around them. The only sounds lingering were the wind rustling through the branches of the trees and the water moving through the creek.

"It's fine, Aden." Maddy looked up at her, "Chill. Besides, you've known about this all along and didn't tell me?"

While they were heading home from school, Rhydian told them everything that happened with his mum. Including how she taught him eolas. Maddy, of course, had no idea about it and instantly asked Rhydian to show her how.

"I promised your parents that I wouldn't tell you until they were ready." Aden explained, "I thought it was right for you to learn this from your parents."

"Well, I wanna know now." Maddy said, then looked back at Rhydian, "I'm ready."

Aden sighed, still not convinced fully, but she reluctantly watched as both of them focused back on each other.

"Alright, just breathe." Rhydian instructed Maddy, "My mum said you can't just look...you have to feel. Feel what's under you, feel what's around you. If you can, you'll connect to your oldest instincts, your primal nature...and then you'll know what Eolas is."

"Shhh," She hushed him, "I'm trying to focus here."

Rhydian frowned, but both of them remained quiet and let her figure it out. Maddy closed her eyes and dug her fingers into the ground. Her eyebrows knitted together as she concentrated on calling eolas forth.

After a moment, her eyes flickered open and she looked up at the sky, her lips parted in an awestruck wonder. Then her head snapped in one direction as if something caught her attention.

Aden took a step forward worriedly, "You okay Mads?"

"I can see everything," She grinned, "Hear everything. This is amazing."

Maddy stood up straight, looking all around with a huge smile on her face. She was seeing and feeling everything around her. A smile pulled at the corners of Aden's lips as well, imagining that this was probably what she had looked like when she used eolas for the first time. Was this what she looked like to Akaien after he taught her?