𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚃𝚠𝚘: "𝙶𝚎𝚝 𝚊 𝚍𝚎𝚗, 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚢𝚊?"

________________________________

"Stars are bright, our moon is high

We flee across an inky sky."

Pull of the Moon

________________________________

XXXII.
\\ LUNAR ECLIPSE //

As soon as lunch ended, Maddy, Rhydian, Tom and I all headed to our lockers, getting our books for our next class. We were talking about staying after school for a little while to help with the set up for the lunar fair until it was time to head home for the night.

That is until Shannon suddenly came through the double doors down the hall, with Jana trailing behind her unsurely.

"Stop interfering Maddy!" She yelled at her, "Jana didn't make me take Dohldrenc, I chose to."

"Well it's a terrible choice," Maddy argued back.

"And it's mine to make." Shannon said lowly, "I'm a big girl, I can look after myself, thanks."

I frowned, not liking the way Shannon was speaking to Maddy at all.

"You're really gonna come in here and yell at Maddy like that because she cares about you?" I said angrily, "Well don't come crying to us when that Dohldrenc makes you sick or does something worse to you."

Shannon just walked past me, "Don't worry, I wont."

Jana looked to us, "I tried, I did!"

We all watched Shannon storm down the hallway, and as I did, I was less consumed with worry for Shan than I was angry at her at the moment.

"Well if she's gonna act like that when we're trying to help her, just let her alone." I shrugged, "Let her figure it out herself."

Maddy sighed, and I knew she wanted to run after Shan and try to make all this right. But if Shan wanted to act that way when we were just worried about her and trying to help, there wasn't anything we could do for her.

Sometimes people had to figure things out for themselves the hard way.

After school let out for the day, Maddy, Rhydian, and I headed into town to help set up the Lunar Fair before we had to head home for the night. Since we couldn't be there, helping with it and seeing what it looked like in the day time was the next best thing.