𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 - "𝙳𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚖𝚎?"

_______________________________

"You don't know me like this,It's a heartbeat away

It's a heartbeat away."

Picture This - Mumford & Sons

_______________________________

XVII.
\\ LAW OF MAN //

A week later...

Time had come yet again for the full moon to rise. It was the night before and I could already feel the pull of the moon in my veins. For me, it was usually a typical, routine kind of thing. But this full moon would be a little different. This time, Rhydian would be joining us.

So, we were down in the den, while Emma and Daniel were moving things around, getting everything ready for tomorrow's full moon. Tonight, we were all spending the night in the den, that way Rhydian could get used to the room. It would make it easier on his wolf that way.

As they set down sleeping bags, pillows, and blankets, they went over the plans for tomorrow and some other important things to keep in mind about transforming.

"Living near humans is always a risk," Daniel spoke, "That's why we keep our heads down. It's all about responsibility."

I sat on the arm of the chair, and glanced over at Rhydian, who was standing near the doorway. Emma and Daniel had been wanting to have their "transforming safety" talk with him for a while now...and since he would be spending the full moon with us in the den, they had both obviously decided now was the time.

"Okay, we get it." Maddy sighed, "Stop nagging."

I chuckled to myself, knowing that Emma and Daniel had just gotten started with their "responsibility lecture". I had many versions of it when I first came to Stoneybridge and had to learn how to tame my wild instincts.

"I mean, that's great...but your family's owned this place for centuries." Rhydian pointed out, "I don't think I could afford a country mansion on my weekly allowance."

Emma pointed out, "Well, you've got a talent."

"Wolfbloods generally do," Dan nodded, "Yeah, an artist or an illustrator can live and work wherever they like."

"As long as there's a dungeon in the cellar." Rhydian sighed.

Emma chuckled, "It's not a dungeon, it's a precaution."

"Think of it as a rite of passage." Daniel said, "Yeah, like an initiation into our pack...because deep down, that's what you really want is to be in a pack."

"All Wolfbloods do." Emma nodded, "It's greater than the instinct to be free."

"And there's no freedom without responsibility. Not in the human world anyway." Daniel added.