𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎: "𝙸'𝚖 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔."

_________________________________

"We can build our own family,One day, we will

One day, we will."

Forever Ago - Woodlock

_________________________________

A/N: the next two chapters will contain flashbacks. Any text written in italics, will have happened three years ago.
_________________________________

XIX.
\\ WHAT REMAINS BURIED //

A week had gone by since Jana had arrived in Stoneybridge, and so far, everything had been going well. Jana was settling in both in the caravan and at school...and she seemed to be finding her place in the human world. It was an adjustment for sure, but with Rhydian, Maddy, and I's help, she was doing pretty well.

"School is the best." Jana said excitedly as we walked down the hallway at school.

"Really?" Maddy raised an eyebrow up at her.

Jana nodded excitedly, "Yes, I am loving flushing toilets."

I chuckled, "I will say, that was probably one of my favorite things from coming from the wild as well."

Rhydian chuckled beside me, giving my hand a squeeze as we held each other's hands as we walked down the hallway behind Maddy and Jana. We all headed to our first class with Mr. Jeffries, and Rhydian leaned down to murmur something to me so that only I could hear.

"We still on for our date tonight?" Rhydian asked me, smiling.

I smiled back, "Of course."

Our date was technically supposed to be last week but with Jana arriving and trying to get her all situated, Rhydian and I decided to postpone it to this week when things were less hectic.

And I felt happiness swirling around inside me, excited for our date tonight, but that happiness was short lived as we all walked in to the classroom and we found all of our classmates gathered around Liam who had his phone out, seemingly excited about whatever it was he was showing them.

"My ancestor was a werewolf hunter." Liam said as we walked in.

The conversation made me slow, and I glanced over at Rhydian beside me, who's lips were parted. Maddy and Jana also were also concerned about what we just walked into.

"My dad knows the family history and he's called in a scientist to prove it." Liam added.

In the corner, Tom and Shannon stood, and they gave me a weary look, telling me that whatever this whole thing was about...it wasn't good.