𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚎𝚗 - "𝚂𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚠𝚘𝚕𝚏 𝚙𝚘𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚗?"

_______________________________

"'Cause even when there is no star in sight,You'll always be my only guiding light

You'll always be my only guiding light."

Guiding Light - Mumford & Sons

_______________________________

X.
\\ PROTECTIVE INSTINCTS //

After class, school ended Rhydian and Aden both went out to the courtyard to get some air. She could feel herself getting anxious since the full moon was right around the corner and being outside really helped calm her wolf-side. So, the two sat on one of the tables, taking the moments of peace while they had them.

Tom had stopped by earlier to thank Rhydian and Aden for helping him out in Jefferies office. And even though Aden knew that Tom was stealing answers for the exam, she decided not to say anything. She pretended she had no idea what he was doing. Aden knew Tom, and she knew he would do what was right in the end.

When he left, Rhydian just sat quiet beside Aden while she looked over some material for the English exam tomorrow. It was on Shakespeare which was one of the harder materials but Aden was really good at english, thanks to her brother. He used to read to her every night when she was little, and he was always giving her books as gifts, books he would either find or steal since the pack never step foot out of the wild.

"How bad?"

Aden looked up to see Maddy had taken a seat beside Rhydian wearily, asking about how much trouble he got in for pulling the fire alarm.

"Well, thanks to Aden, just a lecture." Rhydian told her, "Nothing inhumane."

"Thank you for what you did back there." Maddy said gratefully, "Both of you. I'm so sorry I put you guys in a situation like that."

"No worries," Rhydian shrugged.

"Yeah, it's alright Mads. We know what it's like." Aden told her, closing her book, "How are you doing now?"

"I'm good." She nodded, "I could do with blowing off some steam, though."

"I've got detention, haven't I?" Rhydian sighed, and then looked at Mads, "Look, take it easy, yeah? On your mates too. After all, they're only human."

Rhydian grabbed his bag and slung it over his shoulders as he left Mads and Aden to head to his detention. Biting my lip, Aden looked up at her, knowing that Maddy had been going through a lot today...and she needed Shan and Tom, she needed to make things right with them.