𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚃𝚠𝚘: "𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚍𝚒𝚍 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝?"

_______________________________

"There is nowhere for you to hide,The hunter's moon is shining,I'm running with the wolves tonight

The hunter's moon is shining,
I'm running with the wolves tonight."

Running with the Wolves - AURORA

_______________________________

XXII.
\\ CHOICES AND CONSEQUENCES //

The next day, Maddy, Rhydian and I met up with each other in the woods and we ran together to school, fully charged with energy from today being the day of the full moon. Each of us felt excitement deep within us as we chased each other through the trees, feeling our wolves under the surface of ourselves.

Once we got all of our pent up energy out and made it to school, we had some time before classes start. So, the three of us sat at one of the tables in the courtyard. Both Rhydian and I sat side-by-side on the table top while Maddy sat on the attached bench. Rhydian and I's hands were intertwined as the three of us talked, taking advantage of some free time before school.

"So, Mum is freakin' out about tonight." Maddy told us, more so to Rhydian.

Emma had mentioned to the both of us this morning about tonight's full moon, how we were to get home straight after school. And Maddy was right, she was definitely worried earlier as they left for school.

Rhydian shrugged, "Well, after the last two moons, can you really blame her?"

"Either way," I said, "She said she wants us there by 5:00."

Rhydian frowned, "That's hours until moonrise."

"Yeah, well, they don't want to take any chances this time." Maddy pointed out.

Sighing, I leaned my head against Rhydian's shoulder, thinking about tonight. After spending the last two full moons running free in the wild, the thought of being locked in the den was slowly becoming less and less appealing.

Rhydian, seeming to sense my change in mood, squeezed my hand and placed a kiss on the top of my head, making me smile a little and forget my thoughts about tonight.

"Well, that's new."

I looked away from Rhydian to see both Tom and Shannon looking at the two of us with surprised looks on their faces. Rhydian and I both glanced at each other, knowing that now that we were boyfriend and girlfriend, everyone else was about to find out as well. Starting with Tom and Shan.

"Oh yeah, um..." I told them, "Rhydian and I are going out."

We both watched the two, waiting for their reaction. I think it was safe to say the both of us were expecting for them to be surprised. I knew they'd be supportive either way. But the reaction I was expecting was not the reaction they gave.