𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛: "𝚈𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚗?"

_______________________________

"It's so quiet here,and I feel so cold

and I feel so cold.
This house no longer,
feels like home."

So Cold - Ben Cox

_______________________________

XXIV.
\\ WHERE HOME LIES //

Rhydian and I jumped between Maddy and Ceri, me facing Maddy and him facing his mother, both of us growling at them to stop, baring our teeth. Both of them looked ready to lunge but the two of us stood in there way, challenging them back.

And as soon as we had them separated, we all found ourselves changing back to our human forms.

"Enough!" Rhydian yelled as we all changed back, "I said, enough!"

Maddy and Ceri glared at each other, and I glanced over at Shannon and Tom, knowing from the clicking noise I heard earlier that Shannon had definitely just taken pictures of us shifting into our wolf forms.

"Mum!"

My head snapped over to see Bryn running over the hill, and watched as he ran into Ceri's arms. Her eyes lit up when she saw him, relief flooding over her.

"Where have you been, you foolish boy?" Ceri held onto him, "Don't you ever run off again."

Rhydian looked at them, a barely-there smile on his lips as he looked at the two. And then I looked to Maddy who had just turned her attention back to Tom and Shannon, realizing that they had just seen everything.

"It's okay," Maddy tried, "It's the chemicals. It makes you see things. It's not really—"

"Give it up, Maddy." Rhydian stopped her, "They know."

She looked over at me desperately, hoping I could back her up and somehow convince them that they hadn't seen what they just saw. But I shook my head sadly, knowing our secret was out and there was no going back now.

"This is my mum, Ceri, and my brother, Bryn." He told them, "We're all wolfbloods."

Shannon swallowed, "Like Maddy and Aden..."

That was when a jeep pulled up the road, and I immediately recognized it to be Emma and Daniel's car. They stopped a few yards away and quickly got out, seeing all of us gathered around.

Emma approached warily, "What happened?"

"Your secret's out." Ceri told her smugly.