𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚂𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 - "𝚈𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚜𝚊𝚏𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎."

_______________________________

"When inner scars, show on your face, And darkness hides, your sense of place,Well I won't speak,I will refrain and be the song

And darkness hides, your sense of place,
Well I won't speak,
I will refrain and be the song.
Just be the song."

Be the Song - Foy Vance

_______________________________

XVI.
\\ WOLFSBANE //

Weeks later...

The night was cool, and I couldn't help but smile as I made my way down the road with a couple plastic grocery bags in hand. Ever since the whole blood test thing and agreeing to lock away my wolfself, I felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I was doing normal things, such as tonight.

Shannon was having us all over tonight for a stay over. Just Maddy, Tom, Rhydian, Shan and I and a bunch of food and movies. A night I really needed.

Knocking on Shannon's door, I felt the excitement bubble within me, ready for a good night with my friends.

After a moment, the door opened and I saw Maddy standing there. She had went straight to Shannon's after school to help her get things ready for all of us to come over while I stopped at the grocers after school, went home and changed before coming here.

"Hey," I smiled as I stepped in, "Sorry I'm a little late, but I stopped by the grocer's earlier and picked up some sweets. I thought it would be good with whatever movie we decide to watch."

"Oh, um..." Maddy chewed on the inside of her cheek, "We're actually not going to be watching a movie tonight."

My eyebrows furrowed a little as I kicked off my boots and set them beside the door.

"Oh...okay," I said as I shrugged my jacket
Off, "I thought-"

"I kinda agreed with Shan that we'd go look for the beast on the moors tonight."

I frowned, "Why?"

"She really needs this right now." Maddy told me, "After what happened at the hospital...she needs to know that her friends are still behind her."

That right there was enough reason to convince me. I still felt bad for how the blood tests had an impact on Shannon...I mean, we basically shattered her whole belief about the Moors monster and in the process, made her feel super guilty for suspecting us. Even worse, she was actually right...but it's not like she could ever know that.

"Okay," I nodded in agreement.

As I shrugged my jacket off and set it on the coat rack, Maddy suddenly sneezed, followed by a cough, which caused me to frown.