𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎: "𝙸'𝚖 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚢𝚘𝚞."

________________________________

"For now it's time to run,it's time to run

it's time to run..."

Run Boy Run - Woodkid

________________________________

XLV.
\\ THINGS WE'VE LOST //

"Maddy, Aden...are you ready yet?" Rhydian called out to us from downstairs, "We're going to be late!"

Both Maddy and I had woken late this morning and forgot Rhydian was coming over to walk with us to school. I had been running around for the past thirty minutes trying to get myself together and Rhydian had gotten to ours about five minutes ago. Quickly, I slipped my jacket over my uniform and put my shoes on, feeling disheveled as I walked down the hall and almost ran right into Maddy.

"We're coming!" I yelled back to Rhydian.

Maddy and I said our goodbyes to our parents who were still in their room getting themselves ready for the day and then we ran down the stairs where Rhydian was waiting for us. I grabbed my bag off the kitchen table and slung it over my shoulder, then slipped on my shoes as Maddy opened the door and we shuffled out. The three of us had just walked out the door when I caught a familiar scent in the air.

Maddy and Rhydian must've also noticed because they slowed down too and as I sniffed the air, I looked towards the end of the driveway and my heart jumped in my chest when I saw two familiar faces walking up.

"Kai!" I grinned in excitement, "Nico!"

Laughing, I ran over to them excitedly, practically jumping into my brother's arms as I hugged them tightly.

"Hey sis," Akaien hugged me back.

I smiled as we let go and then I looked over at Nico, who looked at me with disbelief after not seeing each other for years. My heart swelled, seeing how much he had grown up, and I gave him a hug.

"I can't believe it's you," Nico hugged me back tightly, "It's really you."

I felt my eyes water a little as we let go, and I smiled, "I missed you, Nico. I'm so glad to see you."

He smiled back, "I missed you too, Adey."

I hadn't heard that nickname in so long I had almost forgot that he used to call me that. I chuckled and then looked back at Rhydian and Maddy, giving them a nod to come over closer so I could formally introduce them. They'd already met Kai, but this was their first time ever seeing Nico.