𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎: "𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚋𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝."

______________________________

"Someday, you asked to leaveCouldn't it be easy?"

Couldn't it be easy?"

For My Help - Hayden Calnin

______________________________

XLIII.
\\ NEXT IN LINE //

A few days went by since my reuniting with Kai and the camping trip fiasco, and things had been the calmest they'd been in a while. Maddy, Rhydian, Tom, Shan, and I were helping Jana clean the caravan after Jana talked about making the place feel more at home. When she mentioned it, all of us were eager to help, and each of us were working on different things to help clean it up.

"I'm looking forward to parents evening," Shannon said, "Who isn't?"

Tom looked up at her, "Uh, me!"

"Me!" Rhydian also protested.

"And me." Jana said in dread.

I chuckled to myself, shaking my head as I continued washing the side of the caravan. I wasn't exactly looking forward to parent's night either just because the whole sitting in the classroom with my parents while Jefferies talked about me was not how I wanted to spend my evening.

"Yeah." Maddy looked at Shan, "It's alright for you Einstein."

"Exactly," Tom said, "All we get is — 'could do better'."

"'Must try harder'." Rhydian added as he walked past.

Then Jana sighed, "'Make sure your parents are there'."

"Oh yeah..." Shannon said in realization, "No parents at parents' evening could be a problem."

Shannon was right. Last thing we needed was Jefferies asking questions about where Jana's family is and finding out that Jana lives in a caravan all by herself. That would just lead to a whole new set of questions that we wouldn't be able to answer.

"I would just say you've got flu." Maddy suggested with a shrug.

"Or, could do a Liam?" Tom smirked, "'Fell down a hole, can't make it, sorry! Ha! Genius! I'm telling you, write it down."

Rhydian and Maddy had filled me in on the camping trip I missed out on, which did not go as smoothly as it should have. In attempt to prove werewolves were real, Liam took them off course and both he and Maddy ended up falling into what seemed like an abandoned mine. In order to save them, Maddy had to wolf out, and even though she was sure Liam saw nothing, it still seemed like he was now suspicious of her.

We were hoping he'd forget about it...as unlikely that is to happen. It was wishful thinking for all of us, but Liam luckily had nothing but his suspicions. There was no evidence or any proof that he could latch onto.