𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝: "𝚂𝚑𝚎'𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚙𝚘𝚗𝚜𝚒𝚋𝚒𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚢 𝚗𝚘𝚠."

______________________________

"And maybe I'll hold youMaybe I'll look you in the eyesAnd maybe I'd give it all,To see you smile

Maybe I'll look you in the eyes
And maybe I'd give it all,
To see you smile."

Medicine - Havelin

_______________________________

XXVIII.
\\ FITTING IN //

"What are they doing?"

Jana frowned as she looked at the students in our drama classroom, standing around and acting out scenes. I glanced over at her, seeing her take everything in and look at it in confusion.

"It's called drama. They're...pretending, for fun." I explained to her, "It's kinda like a game."

Jana shook her head, "Cubs do that. I'm not doing that."

"Look, I know it seems silly, but you have to," I told her, "You want to fit in, right?"

Jana again looked back at all the students ahead of us, seeing them all acting, and finally she sighed, nodding her head. Rhydian and Maddy noticed us standing at the door and Rhydian got the attention of our drama teacher, Miss Hadwell, as Jana and I walked over.

"Oh, miss, this is the new girl Jana." Rhydian told her, "Aden was just showing her around the school, that's why they're late."

"Oh, hello Jana. Welcome." Miss Hadwell greeted her, "We're just doing a bit of improv right now. Go ahead and grab a hat and we'll find you a partner."

I almost volunteered to be Jana's partner, but then I thought it might be good for her to get partnered up with someone else. She needed to be able to interact with the other students here if this was going to work, so Rhydian and I ended up partnering up instead while Maddy partnered with Shannon.

Grabbing one of the hats out of the bin, I ended putting on a pirate hat and joined Rhydian who was wearing a viking hat. We stood across from each other while we waited for Miss Hadwell to tell us to begin.

"So, how'd it go?" Rhydian asked me curiously.

I glanced at Jana, who had a bear hat on now and was partnered up with Kay, who obviously looked annoyed but that wasn't unusual for her anyways.

"I had a talk with her about controlling the wolf," I told him, "We'll see how she does."

Rhydian offered me an appreciative smile, "Thank you for doing this."